Recipe for cinnamin roll french toast?

where you fry a cinnamin roll in egg mixture instead of the bread...

Favorite Answer

Don't fry icing it gums the pan and sticks everything to it, so I would just cut the icing off and then cut the roll in half my rule of thumb is one egg for each piece of bread. I usually will make four pieces using four eggs. I add 1 teaspoon of water per egg and I add a quarter teaspoon of vanilla per 4 egg mixture as well. I beat rapidly and thoroughly then I drop the bread into a pie pan holding the egg mixture (it has deep sides) I hold the bread down in the eggs mixture for three seconds and turn it over and hold for two seconds and drop the two second side down onto the (little above medium setting of the flame) you have to cook the egg all the way up and into the middle of the bread and that is the trick. note: (for the roll I would hold it in the egg mixture for a second longer on each side and maybe add an extra egg per four because they will be thicker than bread slices and absorb more mixture) I then turn the soon to be excellent french toast when bottom facing side is golden brown. I cook all four at the same time and after I turn them I add a little powdered sugar to the top (done side up) I serve with sliced strawberries and whip cream for a brunch or with praline maple syrup for breakfast.