Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

HP pav computer a1030n question.?

i have an HP pavilian computer i bought like 3~4 years ago and its an intelprocessor pentium 4 HT and windows xp home, 3.00 ghz? or something.

it has the express chipset graphic card on it and i was wondering if i wanted to get like an nvidia geforce graphic card, does my computer have a slot that will hold it?

im looking for like nvidia geforce 8500 and higher for gaming.

also what is this PCI and PCI express 2.0, x16 thing?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The PCI and PCI-Express refer to the type of video card slot on your computer. You're going to need to check this yourself because I'm not about to look it up for you.

Anyway, your desktop's video card should be upgradable. You just need to figure out what kind of graphics slot your computer has.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No pci-e expansion slot on that board just pci. no agp either.I suggest a new board.A plain pci graphics card won't be any better than your intel 915 GV chipset onboard video.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.