Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 1 decade ago

when my boyfriend take his guinea pig out the cage all he does is make a faint squeak and wont stop ?

he has had him for a week, and when he rubs him n takes him out and also gives him veggies all he does is squeak even when he is not being rubbed he does it when out of the cage. is that bad?

Update:

ok good, he has only had him for a week and he popcorns in his cage alot so i am guessing he is happy

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like a normal pig to me. Some are noisy, others are quiet. We had a friend years ago with a pig she called "the muttering sow" because it would make muttering noises the entire time she was out of her cage.

• 1 decade ago

it's perfectly normal!

piggies when running and playing squeak all the time out of the cage :)

• KitKat
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

this is the pig's noise. the pig doesn't need to be lifted or picked up -it's dangerous to their spines. if you want to give it more space to play, construct a habitat and get rid of the cage.

• 1 decade ago

hes prob fine. lol. take him to the vet if ur really worried.....hopefully its okay

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • sometimes it means its really happy or really P.O.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.