Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

please!! i need serious help with my science project!!!?

my science project is to see if dogs mouths are really cleaner than humans. so i swabbed dogs and humans mouth and i swabbed it all over a patri dish and i thought i would just count how many bacteria colonies there are but its hard!!!!

try look:http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/degko/IMG_...

how do i count the bacteria?!?!

and this was a while ago!! i took pictures because i thought i could just count them later on but this is hard!! PLEASE HELP ME!!

Update:

i cant go and look at the petri dish right now. i did the experiment over break and now i just have a bunch of pictures!!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Normally you count the discrete colonies on the petri dish. They're not too easily defined on that one, but I'd probably count about six colonies on that particular one. Each colony is either a dark or light spot, or a different colored spot where bacteria was originally placed.

Also, if you can get a second look at the petri dish, taking the lid off will help to get a better look of the colonies. Make sure you don't breath directly over the container if you do that though.

Hope that helps, awesome experiment idea too!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.