Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

can you please help me with the qs below. thanks?

What advantage(s) does a table have over a pictograph?

• Merlin
    Favorite Answer

I answered a similar question just the other day---hope it wasn't yours.

I've attached a couple links to demonstrate the point I want to make. The problem is scale. In the first one 1 apple icon represents 10 apples, and a half apple represents 5. Fairly readable. The second link shows a pictograph where one ice cream bar represents 100. This one is harder to read. When you see a piece of a ice cream bar is it 20 or 30, or maybe even 45. Reading them becomes more difficult as the scale increases. Scale is like 1 = 100 or whatever. I saw a pictograph recently where one icon represented 10,000. Impossible to use. At least with a table the exact numbers are easy to find.

Hope this helps.