What is your stance on homosexuality?

and why?

Favorite Answer

My stance is irrelevant. They're people, and they deserve to be treated as such.

What is your stance on heterosexuality ?

A person's choice of companionship is none of my business.

As long as they are not harming anyone, what goes on between two "consenting/human/adults" is no ones business but their own

please note, my wording bypasses the stupid responses about allowing pedophiles and bestiality, that are the normal responses of people desperate to illustrate that homosexual marriage is wrong.

Homosexuality is AS normal as heterosexuality (bisexuality is actually the norm for humans) and since there is actually no "valid" excuse for the constant barrage of bigotry this topic seems to generate, it would be nice to see human society get it's nose out of every ones private parts.

It's gay.

Seriously, though, I'm neutral for the most part - in the sense that a person's sexual life is about as relevant to me as their preference of ice cream flavor. I take a positive stance toward increasing rights and acceptance for the GLBTI community.

*Edit* -- I forgot to add why. Well, I don't care what consenting adults do with each other's genitals. It's such a non-issue (or it would be, if there weren't so many irrational people screeching that it's "sinful"). Only, in another sense, it's a greatly important issue -- when people try to repress the sexual behaviors of others. Sexual identity is such a huge part of personal identity that taking away someone's sexual identity (by demanding that they stop or hide it) is an act of unacceptable cruelty. Since I don't like to see people suffer needlessly, I support gay rights.

Horse stance. What do you mean stance? Like weight more on right foot or left leg?

No stance, because Homosexuality is not an "issue"

Similar to saying, what is your stance on Jews or Catholics or Buddhists.

I am a Christian, and I support gay rights. Why? Because I believe in equal rights for all people. As if I needed another reason, I'm bisexual myself. I know what my own struggle has been like in a religious environment that thinks that people like me shouldn't exist. I do not believe it is the business of the church, state, or any individual to tell grown adults what kinds of relationships they may and may not enter into.

The same as my stance on green eyes.

The bible was written in an age where tribe size was of the utmost importance. All sexual energy was directed towards filling women with babies as early and as often as possible; all other sexual behavior was criminalized.

It was a practical matter, and had nothing to do with morality. In fact, quite the contrary; homosexuality isn't immoral - it hurts nobody. Homophobia hurts and sometimes kills - that's what's immoral.

Christians can't reconcile the idea of a fair god with those barbaric laws, so they have to pretend that homosexuality is an immoral act (it isn't), a choice (it isn't - if you think it is, can you tell me about when you made the choice?), and unnatural (it's not - it's observed in many animal species).

You could argue that in today's overpopulated world, heterosexuality should be the 'sin'.

P.S. When the priests came to arrest Jesus, a young man who was with him dropped his linen cloth and "fled from them naked" (Mark 14:51-52). Need I say more?

I - personally - abide by the words written by God inspired men who wrote parts of the scriptures. In there, the practice of homosexuality is condemned.

This is a very complex subject and I believe mankind has not the answers to all questions. Hatred to individuals certainly is not the answer.

Some points have to be made. a) some people are born with certain deficiencies in their hormonal system than increment their propensities to attraction to the same sex, females and males alike. b) other, via lax moral standards, are attracted to a life style that makes no difference who they relate to sexually. c) Still others, have their psyche prone to the development of 'abnormal' (this is extremely hard to define, for what IS normal, these days?) traits (fetishes, fantasies, etc).

(Le 18:23)

And thou shalt not lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith; neither shall any woman stand before a beast, to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

(Leviticus 20:16-17) And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. And if a man shall take his sister, his father's daughter, or his mother's daughter, and see her nakedness, and she see his nakedness; it is a shameful thing; and they shall be cut off in the sight of the children of their people: he hath uncovered his sister's nakedness; he shall bear his iniquity.

(Romans 1:26-28) For this cause God gave them up unto vile passions: for their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working unseemliness, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due. And even as they refused to have God in their knowledge, God gave them up unto a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

I hope this is edifying for you. Bottom line, though, every one has a personal decision to make, and judgement is NOT the option here.

Same as my stance on lima beans.

I don't personally go in for them, but if people like them, have at it. It means more kidney beans for me. :)

Ok, it's late. That was a pathetic analogy.

It's cool. Do what you do. What difference does it make to the world but more love? People are people.

I support same-sex marriage and gay rights, but I do not have a "stance" on any human sexuality.