Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are some examples of consonance?

i just need a couple

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Pitter Patter

rif raf

watch her pitcher teach her orchard features

• geesey
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Consonance Literary Term

• 1 decade ago

Definition of Consonance Literary Term

Definition - Consonance is the repetition, at close intervals, of the final consonants of accented syllables or important words , especially at the ends of words, as in blank and think or strong and string or Lady lounges lazily and Dark deep dread.

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

by

Robert Frost (1874-1963)

Whose woods these are I think I know.

His house is in the village though;

He will not see me stopping here

To watch his woods fill up with snow.

Several examples of sibilance come from Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven" For example: "And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain" (note that this example also contains assonance around the "ur" sound).

Consonance The repetition of the same consonant sounds at the end of stressed syllables, but with different vowel sounds, within or at the end of a line, such as "bad and sod", (d's) or "when furnaces burn", (n's). Tip: Consonance begins with a consonant and it governs consonants.

Examples:

Nothing Gold Can Stay: dawn goes down (n's) (alliteration and consonance)

Mowing: sound beside the wood (d's);

Tree at my Window: could be profound (d's); Mine with inner (n's) Note: here the stressed consonant sound (n) is inside the word. Although the vowel is the same as spelled, it is a different sound. The rule applies.

Looking for a Sunset Bird in Winter: died of cold (d's), thought....alight, sweet and swift (t's) and more

The Vantage Point: : slope where the cattle keep, (p's);

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What are some examples of consonance?

i just need a couple

Source(s): examples consonance: https://shortly.im/4HcHR
  • 1 decade ago

In music, hords with intervals of thirds, fourths, and fifths are regarded as consonant.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.