Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Best laptop For these specs and price?

Needs Windows Vista ultimate i would like a tablet laptop but it cant exceed $999 with all of this included.If its not a tablet i want a laptop.

-at least 325gb hard drive

-At least 3gb ram

-Vista Ultimate

-Nice graphics card

-No Macs

-Cant go over $999

-Wireless

-Bluetooth

-Finger print reader

-Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5750 (2.00GHz/667Mhz FSB/2MB cache)

-17 inch screen

Update:

i dont have to have a finger print reader

Update 2:

i tried dell.com and there were some great deals has anybody found them anywhere else

Update 3:

i also dont NEED bluetooth

Update 4:

Any one find a tablet?

Update 5:

I could also live with olny 300gb hard drive and a basic graphics card

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Buying a laptop is a complicated decision which will probably affect you daily for the next few years.

In addition to price and specs, you want to consider things such as ease-of-use, speed, reliability, stylish-design and tech-support.

Different people would have different opinions.

Therefore, I would recommend you to check ProCompare.com (http://www.procompare.com/top/Notebooks). They have a recommendation engine that ranks laptops and other tech products based on ratings and reviews from a community of trusted IT professionals. They also have a cool personalization slider that lets you personalize the results based on the criteria that are most important to YOU.

Hope you'll find this answer useful...

• 1 decade ago

Lenovo IdeaPad Y710 - 40542DU

Closest that i can see.

Visit lenovo.com

The only thing lacking is the FPR and 3 gigs. I think you'll be pretty hard up to find everything there in a 17" package. However the holiday season may shine upon you.

• 1 decade ago

Hi

try dell stuidio notebooks they have fingerprint readers you could go to dell.com to check they are called Dell Studio

Source(s): www.dell.com
  • 1 decade ago

Sorry to pop you bubble but if you think you get a laptop with those specs for under $999 you crazy. those specs on a Hp (i built it) come to about 2,000. lower you expectations.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you can get

-dell vostro 1310

-dell studio 15

-dell XPS M1530

-XPS M1330

i suggest dell because i have a dell laptop for almost 4yrs and it still works great and my cousin has a hp laptop and it got very slow so easily and its not even 2yrs old yet

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

generics, unbranded. these are usually available in asia. you select the best component, then the store assemble the parts for you. the unit is not stylish nor slim, but you get the best specs for your money.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.