Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Jacob W asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

How can I get my parents to let me shave?

I am 15 and want to start shaving. My family is probably the least talkative family about that kind of stuff (puberty and stuff like that lol). We talk alot apart from stuff like that. They have no idea that I want to start shaving. I'm not going to just straight up ask them. Anyone konw how I can let them know?

Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Well Christmas is coming up, so you could ask your parents for an electric shaver. If money is a issue, tell them you want a Wii or an electric shaver. That way they can pick the cheaper one!

If you can't wait until Christmas, casually mention to your mum you need razors, perhaps when she is writing her shopping list etc.

It's likely your parents won't make much of a fuss about this!

Good luck

Go to Target, or a gas station, and buy some disposable razors and cream. It's pretty easy, my dad never "showed" me how to do it. If you really don't feel comfortable, look up some tutorials on shaving on the internet.

And if you really want to talk to them, don't pose it in a question. Say something more like "I'm going to start shaving"

Because then they can't really say no.

You can get your own razors and shaving cream. Why would it be even close to a problem to ask if you can shave your face? Unless your talking below the belt because then I definitely wouldn't tell or ask them.

well if your gonna do that i suggest that you first trim your pubic area to get the bulk off. then decide if you like it . you can go to a walmart or k mart to get razors and shaving cream. i recomend the gillett fusion because it has a five blade shaving surface witch lessens the chances of getting nicked. its gonna itch like crazy but it is an awesome feeling just makesure that you keep shaving. i usually shave down there every other day

Source(s): i use the gillett fusion

just go do it i guess

im 15 too and personally id by some pre-shave and after shave

and i like an electirc razor. i cant stand disposable razors

an electric razor would be more expensive but you definately

dont cut yourself as much. Not as smooth though, but it still looks good.

Source(s): me!

the other people are right, you can just go get some but i can see why you want to tell them. i wouldnt publicly say it to your family but you should be able to just talk to your dad privately. and besides that, if you dont HAVE to start shaving, i wouldnt because it just comes in thicker and thicker after that.

Why do you have to publicly announce it? Just go to the store and buy some razors and shaving cream

they are just looking after your interest. your dad knows that it,s a drag to shave.

shave it off and do your job. they'll know it themselves that you started it. dont worry boy!

Don't ask them. Just do it.