Which XBOX should I buy?

My husband and I are getting each other and xbox 360 for Christmas. We know that we don't want the arcade version but can't decide which is the better deal, the pro or elite? Which one would you recommend?

Favorite Answer

The pro it is cheaper and the only difference is it is white b/c the elite is black. Also b/c the pro has like less memory it has 60 gb which is great. The elite has 120 gb which i think is a lot more then youll need. Believe me i have just got the pro like two weeks ago. It is great youll love it. May I also suggest a game or two.

GTA 4

Assassins Creed

Saint Row 2

Dead Space

Gears of War

Those games are very fun and also congratulations.

the pro is more or less like the elite, only difference is color and memory storage. Its alot cheaper, but just as good. I'd get the pro. Oh btw if ur both going to have an x box 360, u might wanna connect either through ethernet cable or get 2 routers, because it will take up a lot of internet with them both being on live at the same time.

I have the Pro and it is fine. You really only need elite if you think you need a big hard-drive, and 95% of XBOX users don't need that. Unless you are planning on putting a bunch of music and movies and other stuff onto the XBOX harddrive, you don;t need the big one that comes with Elite.

Pro has more than enough room for saving games and downloading updates and stuff from XBOX Live. I can't even imagine filling up my harddrive with the Pro.

If you want to take advantage of the ability to rent movies through xbox live you'll want to get the elite. You can still use it with the pro but you'll have to monitor your space. If you think either of you will be playing a lot you might want the elite.

It all depends on your personal preference.