Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

why people accept creationism?

Now people will use math or science to proof god does exist but this is god not a math problem. Creationists believe that god created everything and it started out with adam and eve. (don't say to do my research i did im stating facts and if you think im lying then you haven't done yours). They ignore that dinosaurs existed before us and that there's no proof of god at all. If you accept their views and god is real and think that science and evolution is rubbish then i guess u don't believe in any scientific discovery and if you have so much faith pray and ask god to heal you and ignore the medicines that could help you recover cause god is powerful and real so he would do it.(This only applies to people who think atheists are stupid and evolution too.I know there's good people out there who believe in god.)

Favorite Answer

Since Creationism was never intended to be a science book it is not a science issue.

However, God did create everything, the science of what God did is not written in the Bible and is still revealing itself in good science.

Perhaps you are reading the wrong books. Saying that people who believe in creation should also not use any technology is a misnomer. Forensic science is used for evolution, and it's often wrong. Evolution is actually history, and nobody was here to see it. Science lives by testing and observation, neither of which will work for evolution. It's actually not science at all. But if it were, it would be historic science, not operational science like flying planes and such. Just keep reading, and not just the books that agree with your point of view. I just finished reading one about 50 scientists who say they believe in a six day creation. I believe there is proof of God, and the proof for evolution is mostly faked or circumstantial. The evolution story is just a story, with very little to back it up. So, were you there? Did you see dinasours that were around with no people? How do you know? Evolution takes a miracle without a god, and a lot more faith than I will ever have.

Of course, this will all seem foolish to you, as you probably think religious people are all stupid. Perhaps when you are a little bit older you will learn to be a bit kinder to other people's beliefs. And, if you ever become a believer, you will be kinder to poor foolish atheists like you used to be. If you want to read something that tells you about the evidence for god and creation, let me know. I'm sure you won't, but I have to offer.

PS< i think atheists are smarter than most christians, but that doesn't make them right. I don't know of any christians that think they are stupid, but perhaps closed minded and wrong, yes. Not stupid, though. I think they are very smart. It's too bad that they think they are smarter than God, though.

Source(s): Airline pilot that believes he was created.

Sorry but, dino's existed WITH us. They were in the garden with Adam and Eve. They were on the boat with Noah (didn't say he took adults only, he probably took babies so there would be room). If you need more info on that you should go to freehovind.com/watch.

How can I not believe in any scientific discovery when I am on my laptop right now? I would be sitting in the dark in a cave or something if I didn't believe. But there is no evidence that proves evolution to be true. It has all been proven wrong years ago. But since scientists don't have any other theories to go by, they can't throw it out the window.

Like I said, check out that freehovind website. It's really good and explains a lot. The seminar tapes are long but worth watching.

Hi,

I totally see where you are coming from with your question. I am Catholic and believe in God, but kind of get a kick out of it when people totally deny science on that topic but accept it on all others. From my point of view, we very well may have evolved from an animal, and there probably was much....much more before humans. But I do believe that even the 1st something had to come from something else......God. Be it dinosaurs, Adam and Eve, or a giant dung beetle......something created it. I believe that that something is someone....God. Sometimes I think you need to put all your eggs in a basket that has nothing to do with proof.....remember.....some things in the world you would never ever believe in if you could never have seen it. That does not mean it does not exist. Again, just my opinion.

It is a fallacy to imply that faith and science, or creationism and science, are at odds.

There certainly are many, many problems and questions that science and evolution cannot answer. IE where did matter come from? Why does it act the way it does and obey the laws it does? Why is there order to the universe? Why do all things tend towards chaos or destruction (seems to be anti-evolutionary)?

Don't fool yourself into thinking that all creationists accept their beliefs on "blind faith". I have met plenty of evolutionists who blindly accept what is spoon fed them by text books and university profs.

I went to school too. For over 20 years in all. And I learned in that time to think critically, not to simply believe every thing in a text book.

What is a more radical belief:

That God created the dog

or

The dog evolved from a rock that struck the face of the earth???

Both require faith.

I don't think atheists are stupid. Just as I wouldn't want anyone calling me stupid for my beliefs. Ppl aren't going to agree with everything. It is my choice to believe in creationism and in God. Your choice not to. God gives you choice and if you choose not to believe, that's on you. I get sick of ppl questioning my beliefs because I most certainly don't question others. I don't force my beliefs on others just as I wouldn't want them to do that to me.

Because Jesus did...

"From the beginning of the Creation God made them male and female..."-- Jesus (Mk. 10:6)

Source(s): " By the Word of the Lord were the heavens created, and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.... For HE SPAKE AND IT WAS DONE; HE COMMANDED AND IT STOOD FAST". (psalm 33:6-9)

beleving we came from a rock meakes no scientific advancements whatsoever