Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

VAS asked in TravelUnited StatesOrlando · 1 decade ago

Going to Disney World, Orlando; will have time to visit 2 parks. Which do you recommend? (see more details)?

IMP points to consider: Taking my 11 month twins and older parents who don't join enjoy the high-energy and thrill rides. I am looking for some 'easy' rides and fun things to look at and experience.

Update:

All of you have been wonderful with your answers. To answer that specific question (Eccentric Spice)- we are going for our older parents who are visiting us from abroad. Unfortunately, our kids are just 11 months old. But we figured that is fine.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • flower
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Magic Kingdom is probably gonna be more fun for the little ones.

Animal kingdom has a nice safari ride and good shows.

• Lilli
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I would pick Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Magic Kingdom has a very few thrill rides, but most are tamer and can be enjoyed by everyone - several of them your twins can ride, too. And Epcot has the back section called World Showcase. There are a couple of easy rides, but it is mostly all these different pavilions from different countries that are really neat. You really can't enjoy Epcot if you don't do exactly what you said - take time to walk around, explore, and experience! I love spending time back there once in a while, and it is definitely easy paced. The only problem is that there is a lot of walking. There are boats called the Friendship boats that will take you across the water from the front to the back section of Epcot - the line moves very slowly, though, so you will have to decide if it is worth it to wait.

Both of these parks have great fireworks shows at night, too. You might consider bringing some type of ear protection for your little ones in case the booms scare them, but otherwise, you should all enjoy!

• 1 decade ago

magic kingdom has many slower paced rides that are soooo much fun no matter what your age such as

its a small world

pirates of the caribbean

enchanted tiki room

carousel of progress (moving theater show)

winnie the pooh

haunted mansion

snow white

peter pan's flight

tomorrowland transit authority

and many more....

and epcot has slower paced rides and its quite the educational and cultural park.

one part of the park is called future world and it has a couple thrill rides and a few slower paced rides as well and you learn in fun ways about the land, the sea, and space and all the new technology out there.

and the other part of the park is world showcase where you learn all about 11 different countries and their culture and history. its fun to walk around and see things like native dancers, language, and food. and you can watch short films that talk about the country you are in. and 2 countries norway and mexico have a fun little slow paced boat ride.

every one will enjoy both of these parks.

my parents have been taking me to disney since i was a baby and i've always loved it. and infact my parents go by themselves now and are there right now actually. and they are 65 and 61 so you can see how great a place it is for all ages.

and they both have a great time even though my dad (65) loves the thrill rides and my mom (61) doesn't there are things for everyone to do at disney world.

i think that hollywood studios is a great disney park as well but it doesn't have as many attractions. it has thrill rides and mainly shows. so that may not be the best place to take a baby and an older couple that don't like thrill rides.

and i don't really recommend animal kingdom. its basically a zoo with a few rides. you can go to the zoo any time and for a lot less money. ya know.

Source(s): been to disney world 44 times.
  • 1 decade ago

You need to go to Magic Kingdom. There are very easy rides there like Small World and there are other attractions that aren't rides like character meet and greet. I do not recommend EPCOT. There are very high energy thrill rides there and its a lot of walking. MGM is pretty fun for the older parents. But I think you should got to Animal Kingdom. The 11 month old will be fascinated with the animals and music and the older parents will enjoy it too. If you think the 11 month old can handle it I highly recommend going to Magic Kingdom at night too [which you can do for free if you have visited during the day] for the AMAZING fireworks. They are absolutely spectacular!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would definitely go to the magic kingdom and epcot.Since there is so much to do with the twins in the magic kingdom and your parents would also enjoy the slow attractions that they have.Another great part to spend a day at would be epcot. Since your parents would enjoy going through all 11 different countries, seeing different shows and entertainment in each of the countries, and also tasting and buying different things from the countries.Another great park would be animal kingdom but there are less rides there and its more of a zoo. Plus it hotter since there is not much shade in the park. Have a wonderful trip!

• 1 decade ago

Magic Kingdom, definitely. Your kids should enjoy all the characters they'll encounter (hopefully), and there are a lot of tame kiddie rides for them to enjoy. Your folks will enjoy a majority of the rides which are a lot of slow moving vehicles while watching Disney animatronics.

For your second park, you'll just have to decide what is most important. EPCOT isn't really for the little ones, but it has a lot of exhibits and is geared for an older crowd. It is quite large, so your folks may not like all the walking. Animal Kingdom may be a good middle of the row for older adults and toddlers, but again, lots a walking involved. MGM has some great shows, but MGM is probably the most teen oriented of the Disney parks. Go to allears.net to see which park fits what you are looking for.

• Def Magic Kingdom's Mickey's Toontown Fair. Also, make sure you make reservations for character dining.

From their site:

Fun For Little Ones...

Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

Cinderella's Golden Carrousel

Country Bear Jamboree

Donald's Boat

Dumbo The Flying Elephant

Pooh's Playful Spot

"it's a small world"

Mickey's Country House

Mickey's PhilharMagic

Minnie's Country House

Peter Pan's Flight

The Enchanted Tiki Room

The Magic Carpets of Aladdin

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Tomorrowland Resort Transit Authority

• 1 decade ago

i would suggest magic kingdom defiantly, and every night they have a fireworks show, that every kid enjoys. also is your ready for some walking go to epcot. you can have a nice lunch, and see different cultures. animal kingdom is also very nice, and you can go on a safari tour that your twins will love. tomorrowland is super fun too, but theres always a big crowd. but tons of fun games. there arent too many high speed rides at disney parks, but when there are there always grouped with small kiddy ones too. have fun on your trip!

Source(s): my trip.
  • 1 decade ago

Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom!

• 1 decade ago

Magic Kingdom for the kids.

Epcot for the older crowd.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.