Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Destroyed hair needs help ;(?

I haven't had a haircut for over 4 years, I shampoo everyday except weekends. I know I have split ends and dry, broken hair because when I run my hand through my hair, I get hair in my hand. I have long, curly hair aswell. just thought i'd throw that in there. Now recently, I've noticed that my hair has been falling in the shower quite frequently. I have used mousse the other day and that seems to be doing the job but I really do not know :(. I want to keep my hair long aswell as getting it straightened soon, but I do not know if my hair will withstand getting ironed :s The brand of shampoo and conditioner I use is Head and Shoulders Anti-Breakage, but I found that my hair still breaks.

I heard if you put raw egg in your hair it will help, same story with olive oil.

Can anyone help me out here?

• Maude
    Favorite Answer

I can tell you your hair is dry because of your excessive shampooing. Shampoo strips your hair of the natural oil your scalp produces. Try once a week. As for the split ends a little trim from a barber every now and then will get rid of that. The key to keeping your hair healthy is do everything in moderation.

Source(s): Oh, and leave-in conditioners they work wonders.