Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

JJ asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

New Moon by Stephenie meyer Question?

i need the pages of when she uses the metaphor of the two giant holes in her stomach left by edward and by jacob helpppppp pllleaseee

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

She talks about the holes a LOT, but here's some quotes and pages:

"The hole came back, the way it always did when I was away from Jacob, but it didn’t throb so badly around the edges."

Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 8, p.193

"I waited for the memory to hit—to open the gaping hole. But, as it so often did, Jacob’s presence kept me whole."

Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 9, p.214

"I’d thought Jake had been healing the hole in me—or at least plugging it up, keeping it from hurting me so much. I’d been wrong. He’d just been carving out his own hole, so that I was now riddled through like Swiss cheese. I wondered why I didn’t crumble into pieces."

Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 11, p.273

"Life seemed dark enough at the moment chat I let myself cheat. The hole—holes now—were already aching, so why not? I pulled out the memory—nor a real memory that would hurt too much, but the false memory of Edward’s voice in my mind this afternoon—and played it over and over in my head until I fell asleep with the tears still streaming calmly down my empty face."

Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 11, p.276

Hope I helped!

• 1 decade ago

try skimming the pages after Edward leaves and just look for his name, that is what usually set Bella off with the holes

• 1 decade ago

:-/ She talks about the whole on almost every page in the middle

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ummmmm...doesn't Bella talk about that hole a hecka lot!?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.