Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I have white spots all over my tonsils but my step test came back negative. What does this mean?

I had a bad cold so I went to the doctor and they gave me a strep test and that turned out to be negative. I've been taking sudafed for about 3 days and my cold is pretty much gone. I have a runny nose but thats about it. Today when I looked at my tonsils however I had a lot of white spots on my tonsils. What could this be?

ps. my throat does not hurt

Favorite Answer

If I still had white spots i'd be seeing the doctor again. Might not be strep but could be something else.

Could be negative for another reason.

I'm on doxydil (sp?) for my acne, and it makes my strep tests come out negative.

However, if your throat doesn't hurt, I HIGHLY doubt you have strep.

I always have tonsilites however you spell it.

The white spots are the food you eat.

because your tonsils are so big sometimes your food does not always go down and it gets caught near your tonsils.

try eating bread so food can go down.