Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 1 decade ago

Question about my singing...?

I am an average or slightly above average singer, but people say I sing too quietly, so I've been practicing singing louder. But I can only sing so loud before it starts sounding terrible. Like if I sing really loud, it starts sounding nasally and the quality is really bad. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me? What should I do about it?

Favorite Answer

I have this problem too. The trick is in how you sing louder. You should have A LOT of air to support the sound, insted of just singing louder. If you have a lot of air, and breathe with your diaphram, you will naturally sing louder. (hopefully)