Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

RachelTB asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Is it weird that when you get your period some smells make you want to puke?

Because it happens to me, like normal smells just are the worst thing ever. I have to like hold my breath and everything

Favorite Answer

Yeah you will get over it....just try to take showers around twice a day

I know. The smell is horrible. It is not weird. It is normal. Maybe you should talk to your mom to see when she had her period does it smell. Because it might be an infection but I doubt it. i hope the smell gets better.

• Leesa

I have not had that experience but I would imagine it's very possible and due to a change in hormones cause I have certainly had this during pregnancies when hormones are even more off whack.

Cafeteria's and crowds smell like feet, garbage rotten food and 100yearold sweaty armpits. it's enough to almost make me gag but I do like you and hold my breath or breathe only through my mouth (slowly)so i can't smell it so much.

its the hormones babe

they make your nipples hurt

you smell weird stuff

you get pissed and sad a lot

hot flashes

you know the drill

Yeah sometimes. But I don't know if we can do anything about it.

Good that we really don't puke afterwards.

Just spray some perfume afterwards or something.

Yeah and that is normal

yeah it is kinda gross sometimes.