my sons breath smells funny?

my son is 20 months old and hes always sort of had funny smelling breath its not like a rotten smell

is this normal? could it just be him?

to me it smells like aspargas

i brush his teeth this started before he even had teeth

i dont give him much junk food and he olny drinks milk and water

Favorite Answer

I don't know much about this, so this will be a wild guess...but...

I have noticed a difference in breath between babies who are breast feeding and those who are onto solid foods. I don't know why this is, but it's something I've noticed in like 5 or 6 of my friends' kids.

I wondered if breast milk caused an unusual odor.

• Not saying that you don't, but try brushing his teeth more. My son is a year old and has stinky kitty cat breath when he wakes up. It's cute now, but I think as he gets older it will go from kitty cat to dragon breath. I just brush his teeth and tongue. Might be the smell of his breath and the mix of milk. I heard that everyone's breath smells a little different after drinking milk. Other than more brushing, not too sure. Ask his dentist.

• Erin

I heard that if kids have a funny smell to their breath, it may be some sort of infection. But I am not 100% positive.

What kind of smell is it? I have heard that diabetics have sort of a fruit smell to their breath. My mom is a nurse and she told me that. That's the only thing that comes to mind.

• Is he taking the liquid vitamins? That can cause bad breath. Try brushing his teeth more often.