Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

my sons breath smells funny?

my son is 20 months old and hes always sort of had funny smelling breath its not like a rotten smell

is this normal? could it just be him?

Update:

to me it smells like aspargas

Update 2:

i brush his teeth this started before he even had teeth

i dont give him much junk food and he olny drinks milk and water

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't know much about this, so this will be a wild guess...but...

I have noticed a difference in breath between babies who are breast feeding and those who are onto solid foods. I don't know why this is, but it's something I've noticed in like 5 or 6 of my friends' kids.

I wondered if breast milk caused an unusual odor.

• Not saying that you don't, but try brushing his teeth more. My son is a year old and has stinky kitty cat breath when he wakes up. It's cute now, but I think as he gets older it will go from kitty cat to dragon breath. I just brush his teeth and tongue. Might be the smell of his breath and the mix of milk. I heard that everyone's breath smells a little different after drinking milk. Other than more brushing, not too sure. Ask his dentist.

• Erin
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I heard that if kids have a funny smell to their breath, it may be some sort of infection. But I am not 100% positive.

• 1 decade ago

What kind of smell is it? I have heard that diabetics have sort of a fruit smell to their breath. My mom is a nurse and she told me that. That's the only thing that comes to mind.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Is he taking the liquid vitamins? That can cause bad breath. Try brushing his teeth more often.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.