WHAT IS THIS PAIN?!? HEART ATTACK?? GALLBLADDER?? PLEASE HELP......?

I have this pain at random times, sometimes once a week and sometimes I won't have it for a few months.... It is terrible pain right in the center of my chest, pretty much even with my nipples, right in the center. Not at all more to the left or right. You know when you take a big gulp of a drink and it feels like it "went down the wrong way" like a hard ball going down your esophagus (spelled wrong I know) and down your chest? It feels almost exactly like that but lasts anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. Here are the symptoms that make me think of a heart attack.... the pain radiates into my jaw and ears.... If I take about 10 Tums and drink some water it usually goes away faster. PLEASE HELP.....Like most people I don't have insurance and can't afford to go to the doctor any time I please =( I just don't know what this is...... I am a 34 yr old woman and am diabetic...Please don't just say it sounds like a heart attack, I am looking for other possible causes......ANY IDEAS??? THANKS SOOOO MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR ANSWERING!!!!!

Favorite Answer

Could be Heart Burn or Acid Reflux. I get those chest pains sometimes...feels kinda like theres a knife in your back. Try keeping a journal of what you eat. Maybe you can figure out what's causing it.

OK, you don't want to hear it's a heart attack. So try this. Buy a box of Prilosec and try taking it for a week or two and see if the symptoms go away. If they do, then what you have is related to your stomach and esophagus. You still need to let a doctor examine you but the Prilosec will help.

What would you rather? Spending money to see the doctor or die from an undiagnosed heart condition?

Please go to the doctor, you may have a hiatal hernia. Get an upper GI.