Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

Problems with eyebrow ring healing.?

Iv had my eyebrow ring for about 3 months now. When i wake up in the morning there is blood around the piercing, as well as during the day from time to time i get white stuff around the piercing. I'm pretty sure its not infected due tot he fact i was just on antibiotics and very strong ones at that. If anyone has any input on how long it took for theirs to heal and any info that might help please feel free to let me know anything. Also i clean it all the time with H2Ocean spray.

~Thanks~

• Emily
    Favorite Answer

That's really strange that it still does that. Do you think you are tugging at it or hitting it in your sleep?

Also, I don't know if this is true or not about H2Ocean (I use it all the time and haven't had a problem), but apparently they use egg in it and it has caused salmonella in some users. I only heard some piercer say this, and have nothing to back it up. I don't really buy it myself, but you never know.

It's better to mix your own sea salt solution and just invert a little cup of it over the piercing for a few minutes, twice a day. Then rinse it with cool water. See if that improves anything.

And another thing, over cleaning the piercing can irritate it and hinder the healing process. Keep it down to twice a day. Nature will take it's course and your body will heal it naturally (with a little help from the sea salt solution of course).

Just clean it with really hot salt water. I've done that with all of my piercings. The bleeding should stop within a few days and the white stuff is pretty natural to happen. But that will go away, too.

Oh, and try putting a bandaid over it for the next week or two while you sleep. The healing migh be getting delayed because it might be getting caught on something.

Source(s): :]