Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Brad
Lv 5
Brad asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Which parts of our federal government are wasteful and should be cut?

Although this question has long needed to be asked, neither Democrat nor Republican politicians have been willing to ask it (with a few exceptions, although those exceptions to the rule are marginalized and ignored by the pro-big government media). Both parties spend their time debating on whether to expand government by a certain amount, expand it by a smaller amount, (at best) leave it at the current size.

Obviously, there are many wasteful federal government programs. I don't think anybody doubts that. Unfortunately, as a famous person once said, "there is nothing more permanent than a temporary government program." Which current activities of our federal government, either foreign or domestic, are wasteful and need to be cut?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Loaning foreign countries money for starters, Disability for drug addicts, and paying welfare mom's more for each baby they have. If our government would quit making it easy for people to be losers and live off of the system then we the tax payers would be a lot better off and our country would be productive. Sorry but to some extent the unions need to go to, expect way too much for far to little effort. Quit rewarding laziness for one and then set a cap on CEO salaries. Billion dollar retirement plans are ridiculous.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Mainly Congress!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

soicial securty, healthcare, schools, roads, those the the basic ones that should be cut

i dont need soical security

i dont want healthcare from the government

i dont goto school i teach myself

i pay tolls on the roads

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i know ,don't want to hear it , military their is frod and waist also home land secerity. IRS and transportation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.