What is the sin city of your region?

Amsterdam is the sin city of Western Europe (although they are now banning marijuana), Prague is the sin city of Eastern Europe and Manama is the sin city of the Middle East. What is your region's sin city?

Favorite Answer

My guess Las Vegas in the West and Atlantic City in the East USA

I'd have to say a small town Sturgis Kentucky, but only a few days in the summer each year. It's biker days. It is is known as 'Little Sturgis' like Sturgis South Dakota that has the 'big' biker week. In the summer the bikers come in to this little town and take up residence for the weekend. It brings in $$ to the town, but most residents aren't happy about it at all, due to some of the X rated things that go on. They always have it on the evening news when the rally is going on, and usually someone in the crowd is doing something that is 'newsworthy.' I've never been, and have no desire to go. Otherwise this small country town is as quiet as can be.

Las Vegas, Nevada is known as Sin City, but I don't see where it's any different from most other cities, except for the casinos. The area I live in seems like small town anywhere.

If you include killing another human as a "sin", we have two areas, and they are THE PITS.

East Saint Louis, Illinois, and North St Louis, Missouri..

(E. St Louis, is across the river from St Louis, MO.),

There are shootings almost every night in these communities, and more often than not , they hit an innocent victim (Like a child).

I sympathize for the "regular" folks that have bought and paid for their homes and business's in those areas, and now their property is worthless because of the crime. Anyone with any sense, stays away from those areas.

New Orleans, especially the French Quarter section, would be the best known of the area, especially around Mardi Gras. New Orleans also has a "Decadence Festival" every year. What is sin to some is just having a good time to others. C'est la vie!

Los Angeles, California has sin on every corner. Apparently the City of the Angels attracts demons. I left there a few years back & now I live in a town where the Downtown area is rapidly turning into sin City with crack dealers on every corner & strip joints & bars taking over where shops once flourished & the crime rate is growing daily.

Las Vegas is known as Sin City in the USA>,,then you have Reno and Atlantic city. There are getting to be a lot of casinos in Michigan,Indiana all over A lot of sinning going on around here!

I live about 60 miles from Washington, DC::::It's beautiful, buzzing,

happy, sad, rich & opposite , homelessness , elite, wild, love and laughter, truly the Capitol~~It's a place every American should try to visit. And yes, Sin City! Even tho in the spring when cherry blossoms are at their peak , tulips, etc, you tend to forget the city of sin as bands play in the parks. I am so happy to be an American!!

mdsweet1

I'm not sure how you decide what a region is. In my state there is no gambling, liquor is controlled by the state and the predominant religion. The state does all it can to make me safe from sin. lol There are certain areas that are more prone to crime and the reasons are various. I think that every city has the same issues.

• kriend

St. Louis is the 4th worst place to live in the USA, just heard that tidbit on the news yesterday. Towns/cities outside of military bases are sin cities as one already mentioned because of the number of stripjoints-aka-w----houses.