What do you know about Ivan the great and ivan the terrible?

im doing a history project and the question is "describe the rise of absolute power in russia through the rule of ivan the great and ivan the terrible. What were the political legacies of their authority in russia?"

please i will give 10 points to the best answer!

p.s thanx for that lovely answer about using my book... Really is that why they gave them to us? Unfortunately our book tells us nothing and my teacher doesnt even use it! He gives us huge projects with info not even in the book! Let me specify ... i meant give some helpful facts or websites....

• Favorite Answer

Do your own homework. Yahoo! Answers was not produced to have a cheat-sheet from their users. You have a textbook for a reason: It's there so you can learn and if not lazy, to study. Then you could of figured out your question all by yourself. You can't relay on the people on the Internet, because some cases they won't answer. And there you will be, alone and regretful. Get used to studing now; to be less lazy in the furture, and to have good education. You can thank me later.

Duh, I'm extremely nice, so this ONE time, I'll give you some facts. But do NOT get used to it.

The two Ivans were amongst a series of Russian rulers battling for their Christian kingdoms, and against muslim invaders. They weren't always successful since they were constantly being attacked by western kingdoms like Sweden and Lithuania, and by muslim khanates from the south and east. They were also threatened by their own greedy friends and relatives.

Look up "Ivan" in Wikipedia - they're all listed there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan

Sorry if this offended you, I mean the first part. I just... well I have a friend and she always cheated on her homework, and look where's she got to: No husband, no children, alone, worthless job.

I just don't want to see anyone suffer like her. So, I was trying to help you.

Source(s): Look up "Ivan" in Wikipedia - they're all listed there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan

who is this with mr. sevor?