Should the government issue a BPA recall and ban?

I think they should and retailors and companies should exchange bpa items for non bpa ones, do you agree?

You can still buy the old avent stuff with bpa in it at babys r us and I thought they had said theywouldn't sell bpa

Favorite Answer

BPA was only classified as toxic in Canada. You can still buy BPA containing bottle in the US. In canada stores did take back bpa containing products and gave store credit in return.

And for everyone that says we were raised with BPA and nothing bad happened to us well BPA has been linked to things like obesity, early puberty, hyperactivity,increase of cancer,heart disease,

diabetes,increase cases of infertility all of these are on the rise so it is possible the BPA could have something to do with it.

When I was a baby I didn't have a car seat and I lived but that dosen't mean I should not use car seats for my children.

Source(s): mom to 4
  • Erika

In Canada there is a ban for any store to sell bpa bottles. And you can exchange them for a refund, or a new bottle.

As for the states I think they should do that, I've heard of a recall somewhere but i don't remember the store.

• BPA items where already recalled a few months back..ur a lil late!!!

just some companies are a lil late on taking them all off the shelves..but basically every company has taken BPA items off shelves.

if im not mistaken...

but everything in my house that was BPA was thrown out and replaced with BPA free items.

Source(s): my self, im married, and a mom to 3 kids and #4 due april 6th!

All BPA products were recalled in Canada...I don't know about replacements, but that would be really nice, we threw out a lot of sippy cups.

BPA has been studied for over four decades and poses no risk to humans. I read about this and it is ok to get BPA free items, but it isn't going to kill you or your baby.

http://www.bisphenol-a.org/about/index.html

For those of you who feel BPA is something that you don't want your child exposed to there are many other options like using glass bottles instead of plastic.

I don't really see why it's such a big deal. We had BPA in our bottles when we were babies and nothing bad happened to us! Same with lead. I think now a days people's fears are getting out of control!

ABSOLUTELY!! There is on and off controversy as far as the amounts of BPA in bottles and baby products, and as far as how much it would take to hurt a child. As far as I'm concerned, if there is a question, remove it completely. BPA seems to be the worst in plastics numbered 7, and best in plastics numbered 1, 2, 4, 5. Did you know that Gerber baby food in the plastic containers (ONLY made in PLASTIC containers for the older babies) is packaged in a number 7 container!! And, once heated, all BPA levels are much worse!! And to get the label to stick to the container it must be heated on. So, if the FDA is not going to recall these items, the best thing a parent can do, as I did when I went crazy researching, is:

BREASTFEED (I COULDN'T)

SWITCH TO GLASS BOTTLES AS LONG AS YOUR CHILD DOES NOT THROW THEM.

NIPPLES SHOULD BE CLEAR, NOT BROWN OR COLORED-THERE IS BPA IN THE CLEAR, BUT LESS THAN THE OTHERS.

ONCE CHILD CAN'T USE GLASS BOTTLES, SWITCH TO BAGGED BOTLES, DROP-INS, BAGS HAVE LESS BPA TO NONE THAN PLASTIC BOTTLES

NEVER WARM INFANT FOOD IN PLASTIC IN MICROWAVE

BUY BEECH NUT BABY FOOD IN GLASS JARS INSTEAD OF GERBER IN PLASTIC

BUY FORMULA IN POWDER IN CANS INSTEAD OF PREMADE IN PLASTIC JUGS

SIPPY CUPS, CLEAR IS NOT BETTER!!!

AS FAR AS THE REST OF US GO, ANYTHING PLATIC NEEDS TO BE THROWN AWAY EVERY YEAR OR MORE AND REPLACED AS THE MORE PLASTICS ARE USED, THE MORE THE BPA LEACHES.