VLC player doesnt play the sound on some videos. Why not? How can I fix it?

A while ago i uploaded some videos from my mobile phone to the computer. They played on windows media player fine. Then I uploaded some more videos and they didnt work. I looked at the properties and found that the first ones were MP4 and the recent ones were 3GP. I dont understand why they went onto the computer... show more A while ago i uploaded some videos from my mobile phone to the computer. They played on windows media player fine. Then I uploaded some more videos and they didnt work. I looked at the properties and found that the first ones were MP4 and the recent ones were 3GP. I dont understand why they went onto the computer as different file types. Then I rang a friend and he said get a VLC player. So i got one and it playes the videos apart from the recent videos it plays without sound. Also when i play the recent ones an error message pops up that reads "No suitable decoder module:
VLC does not support the audio or video format "samr". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this."
Any idea how i can fix this?