Veggie's/ Vegan's? (Long, sorry) :)?

I made the decision yesterday to become vegetarian. I've been thinking about it for a long time and well, something struck a chord I guess. Aswel as me myself, I don't think I'm very healthy. Im not particularly over-weight but I often get dizzy-spells and black out. I believe that if I become healthier, this... show more I made the decision yesterday to become vegetarian.
I've been thinking about it for a long time and well, something struck a chord I guess.
Aswel as me myself, I don't think I'm very healthy. Im not particularly over-weight but I often get dizzy-spells and black out.
I believe that if I become healthier, this could easily involve helping animals too.
I have become very aware of suffering animals go through to produce our meat, like battery chickens and such.

Im 15 and have done a little research about vegetarianism, I understand that I have to make sure Im taking in my necessary nutrients etc, and clearly this can be done without consuming animals.

I was kind of sceptic, about veganism (no offence to anyone but it seemed maybe a bit extreme at first?)
BUT
upon my research, I have seen why people do so.
Bcause aswel as being exploited for meat animals are also exploited for their milk.

I told my mum about becoming vegetarian, lets say she didnt take to it well and isnt happy about preparing 2 meals. But I told her that Id rather not eat animals, especally the ones who have suffered immensly(the cheap ones) which my family can really afford.
I am now thinking about veganism but it seems to be a big step.
with soy products and stuff. and organic.

What are your views on the consumtion of eggs and cheese?
I understand that everyone has different views so it would be nice if people didnt put eachother down. ;]

My question is really
How difficult was it for you to become veggie/vegan?
were you young at the time?
any advice?

thanks.