promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what are 10 books apporopriate for preschool aged children, and 10 books appropriate for school aged children ?

they have 2 be about children with special needs.

tell me the title who wrote them, the publisher, date , and book summary.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

GENERAL BOOKS ABOUT DISABILITIES

Someone Special, Just Like You by Tricia Brown

Depicts disabled preschool age children playing and learning.

Ages 4-8

Don't Call Me Special: A First Look at Disability by Pat Thomas

Picture book about physical disabilities addresses questions and concerns in an age-appropriate manner.

Ages 5-7

In Jesse's Shoes: Appreciating Kids with Special Needs by Beverly Lewis

A warm story about befriending and appreciating children with special needs.

Ages 5-9

Views from Our Shoes: Growing Up with a Brother or Sister with Special Needs by Donald Joseph Meyer

45 siblings share their experiences as the brother or sister of someone with a disability. Glossary of disabilities provides definitions.

Ages 9-12

Acorn People by Ron Jones

The Acorn People, a very special group of disabled children, show that nothing is impossible with encouragement and determination.

Ages 12 and up

ASPERGER SYNDROME

I Am Utterly Unique: Celebrating the Strengths of Children with Asperger Syndrome and High-Functioning Autism by Elaine Marie Larson

Discover the unique characteristics and abilities of children with Asperger Syndrome and high-functioning autism from A to Z.

Ages 5-8

Can I Tell You about Asperger Syndrome? by Jude Welton

Adam has AS and provides young readers an opportunity to learn about AS from his perspective.

Ages 8-12

AUTISM

All About My Brother: An Eight-year-old Sister's Introduction to her Brother Who has Autism by Sarah Peralta

Helps children understand that kids with autism are individuals and worth getting to know. Provides insight into the sibling relationship.

Ages 5-8

Andy and His Yellow Frisbee by Mary Thompson

A new girl at school tries to make friends with Andy, an autistic boy who spends every recess by himself spinning a yellow frisbee.

Ages 6-8

BLINDNESS

Knots on a Counting Rope by Bill Martin, Jr.

In this touching story, the counting rope is a metaphor for the passage of time and for a boy's emerging confidence in facing his blindness.

Ages 4-8

The Sound of Colors:

A Journey of the Imagination by Jimmy Liao

A young blind girl travels from one subway station to another while her imagination takes her to beautiful, amazing places.

Ages 4-8

CEREBRAL PALSY

Rolling Along: The Story of Taylor and His Wheelchair by Jamee Riggio Heelan

A glimpse into the life of a young boy with cerebral palsy. Taylor describes his condition, aspects of his daily activities at home and at school, and his desire for independence.

Ages 4-8

Ballerina Dreams by Lauren Thompson

Five little girls with cerebral palsy and other physical disabilities share the dream of becoming ballerinas.

Ages 4-8

Reaching for Sun by Tracie Vaughn Zimmer

Josie Wyatt knows what it means to be different she was born with cerebral palsy. Free verse poems tell the beautiful story of a girl and a year of unforgettable growth.

Ages 8-12

CHILDREN CONFINED TO WHEELCHAIRS

Susan Laughs by Jeanne Willis

This story about a happy little girl named Susan is told in rhyme, with the end of the story revealing that Susan uses a wheelchair.

Ages 4-7

Zoom! by Robert Munsch

Lauretta is a spunky girl who insists on the fastest wheelchair available. She saves the day by taking her injured brother to the hospital.

Ages 4-7

It's OK to Be Me: Just Like You, I Can Do Almost Anything (Live and Learn Series) by Jennifer Moore-Malinos

A determined child in a wheelchair learns how to play basketball and becomes part of a team.

Ages 4-7

Dancing with Katya by Doris Chaconas

Anna and her little sister, Katya, like to pretend to be ballerinas. Katya contracts polio and Anna makes ballerina gloves so she can dance with her arms.

Ages 5-8

Mission 7: Countdown (series) by Sigmund Brouwer

Set in 2040, the Mars Diaries feature 14-year-old Tyce Sanders, the only child ever born on Mars. Tyce is confined to a wheelchair, but virtual reality and robotics allow him to experience life beyond his physical boundaries.

Ages 10-14

DEAFNESS

Sign Language for Kids: A Fun & Easy Guide to American Sign Language by Lora Heller

Color photos illustrate sign language for numbers, letters, colors, feelings, animals, and clothes.

Ages 5-12

Nobody's Perfect by Marlee Matlin, Doug Cooney

No matter how hard Megan tries to be a friend to Alexis, the new girl is aloof or rude. Then she learns the truth and realizes that nobody's perfect.

Ages 8-12

DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITY

What's Wrong With Timmy? by Maria Shriver

Making friends with a mentally retarded boy

helps Kate learn that the two of them have a lot in common.

Ages 4-8

Tru Confessions by Janet Tashjian

Twelve-year-old Tru makes a video documentary about her developmentally disabled brother, Eddie.

Ages 9-12

DIABETES

Even Little Kids Get Diabetes by Connie White Pirner

A young girl who has had diabetes since she was two years old describes h

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

I enjoyed Nancy Drew at that age. Theres additionally the Hardy Boys, boxcar infants. Your superb guess is to flow to the library and notice what secret books they have, so as which you will get a reliable thought of age selection. And that way theres of venture different infants in her team have study the e book she study, rather than determining to purchase some new sequence that no-one has heard of yet. permit her seem around the section and %. out a e book that pastimes her and study that1

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.