Help, im poor and having trouble controlling my diabetes?

I was diagnosed with Diabetes a few months back. But I am only working 24-48 hours a month and already behind on bills and rent, therefore I cannot afford a doctor right now, and the "free" clinics wont help me either. my blood sugar level is usually high (around 270-320) even when I do my best to control it. I... show more I was diagnosed with Diabetes a few months back. But I am only working 24-48 hours a month and already behind on bills and rent, therefore I cannot afford a doctor right now, and the "free" clinics wont help me either. my blood sugar level is usually high (around 270-320) even when I do my best to control it. I still don't eat right like I should, I usually eat once or twice a day and its usually pasta or meat products. I don't eat veggies (I know I should, I just grew up not liking them and still don't). I used to drink ALOT of soda (like a 12pack a day) but now have cut back to maybe 2-3cans every few days and usually only on the weekends when I work overnight (caffeine). I try (and usually always do) walk every night, but its not a jog or to brisk of a walk because I have a bad leg due to a metal rod in it from being hit by a car. I don't drink alchoal or smoke tobacco. I used to smoke pot, but havent for like 2-3 months, as Im trying to find another job. Ironicly I seemed to have better levels when I was smoking. but that may just because I wasnt stressed as much, I dunno. but my main question is how can I control my levels better without help from the doctors, and preferably without to much vegtiable eating (I am working on this, i promise..but its a hard habit to kick) and also...why is my levels always floating around 200 even with little to no sugar intake? is it from...bread? or maybe the pasta? (macaroni) Im sorry if this post is unorganized or chatoic, but i tend to ramble.

Also, any over the counter or health food remedies thatmight help (and arn't that expensive), please share.

I realize that Im not doing all thatI should, but I am working hard to break the habits, its just me being stubborn. I am worried about my future and being here for my family (fiance and daughter). so please don't hate or direct any "you don't care" responses. its just hard being basicly poor and dealing with this diesease. thank you