Vera asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

[英文書信] 寫信給欲申請的研究所的學分問題信件

由於我即將申請歐洲的研究所,但皆有ECTS學分承認的問題,所以要寫信給研究所,由於是第一次寫信給學校,相當緊張,希望給學校好的印象,所以想要請英文高手幫幫忙!!我已經寫出了中文和英文版本。有兩個問題要請問

(1)在英文書信我這樣詢問是否合理,有條理和禮貌?

(2)英文信件中文法是否通順,用字是否妥當?

非常感謝幫忙!!!

{中文Version}

Subject: 詢問申請者Entry Requirement ECTS學分承認問題

Dear Sir or Madam:

我非常熱切地想要申請[貴系研究所]2009秋季班,但是在Entry Requirement有一點問題想要請教您。我在貴系的網頁上面看到Entry Requirement必須要在大學修畢Business相關領域科系[XXX]ECTS credits 方可申請貴系研究所,由於我大學並非主修企業管理,為畢業於社會學系學士學位,不過大學時對於Business以及管理領域相當感到興趣,亦應就讀大學規定,修畢企業管理輔系24學分,完成輔系。由於我國教育系統計算學分方式並非ECTS credits,想詢問學分轉換至 ECTS credits後是否有達到貴系的Entry Requirement門檻?特列我所修習之科目及學分數如以下:

BA輔系完成科系

[條列科系及學分數]

本科系完成之Business 和管理相關學分

[條列主修科系與企管相關及學分數]

真誠地希望我能夠達到貴系所的Entry Requirement,並且有機會能夠至貴系就讀,相當謝謝您的幫忙。

Sincerely yours,

[我的姓名]

{英文Version}

Subject: Ask a question of ECTS credits admitted of an applicant

Dear Sir or Madam:

I would like to apply [ ] of 2009 fall earnestly, but there is a question about Entry Requirement I would like to ask. I saw the Entry Requirement posted on the XXX website, which writes that I have to ECTS credits in a cognate discipline in the academic years of the bachelor degree for the admission to apply for this program. I graduated from the bachelor degree of Sociology, but not majored in Business Administration. However, I was also pretty interested in the domain of business and management, so I completed 24 credits of Business Administration as my minor subject with the regulation of the university’s minor subject. Because of the different credit calculation from the ECTS credit system, I would like to comprehend that if I meet the entry requirement of this program after the transfer of the credits I’ve completed? I list the subjects and the credits completed as follows for your reference.

The subjects completed of BA minor/credits

(1)

(2)

The possibly cognate subjects completed calculated as my major credits/credits

(1)

(2)

I hope that I am able to meet the Entry Acquirement and have this precious opportunity to study in this program. I appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely yours,

[My Name]

Rating
  • John
    Favorite Answer

參考看麥

Subject: Inquiring about ECTS credits of Entry Requirement

Dear Sir or Madam:

我非常熱切地想要申請[貴系研究所]2009秋季班,但是在Entry Requirement有一點問題想要請教您。

I would like to apply [ ] of 2009 fall earnestly, but there is a question about Entry Requirement I would like to ask.

I’m very fervent to apply your Fall Class of ________ in 2009, but there is a question about ECTS credits of Entry Requirements I want to inquire.

我在貴系的網頁上面看到Entry Requirement必須要在大學修畢Business相關領域科系[XXX]ECTS credits 方可申請貴系研究所,

I saw the Entry Requirement posted on the XXX website, which writes that I have to ECTS credits in a cognate discipline in the academic years of the bachelor degree for the admission to apply for this program.

The admission of this program must had majored business-related disciplines and got their ECTS credits in academy that can be allowed to apply, the saying of Entry Requirement noted on your website I saw.

由於我大學並非主修企業管理,為畢業於社會學系學士學位,不過大學時對於Business以及管理領域相當感到興趣,亦應就讀大學規定,修畢企業管理輔系24學分,完成輔系。

I graduated from the bachelor degree of Sociology, but not majored in Business Administration. However, I was also pretty interested in the domain of business and management, so I completed 24 credits of Business Administration as my minor subject with the regulation of the university’s minor subject.

I had graduated from Sociology Department and then got its Bachelor Degree. Although I’m not a graduated student of Business Administration, I was very interested in this field of business and management. Followed the regulation Taiwan ’s university requested, I had minored in Business Administration and then got 24 credits.

2008-11-24 10:52:07 補充:

Due to there are different in credit calculation between Taiwan’s universities and your credit system, a question I want to ask is re: Whether or not meet the threshold of Entry Requirement if my credits is transferred to ECTS credits?

2008-11-24 10:52:41 補充:

The followings I listed are the subjects I majored and minored, here also provide you for reference and

2008-11-24 10:53:31 補充:

The subjects of BA I had minored and its credits

(1)

(2)

2008-11-24 10:54:11 補充:

The BA-related subjects I had majored and its credits

(1)

(2)

2008-11-24 10:54:35 補充:

I’m looking forward to meet this threshold of your Entry Requirement after my credits transferred; also I sincerely wish to own an opportunity to attend your school. In advance much appreciated for your assistances at this case

Source(s): myself, myself, myself, myself, myself, myself

謝謝您的提醒,發了三封信,發信兩天後,已經有兩家回我信了。

• eleven

雖然現在在台灣 e-mail 往來很普遍,

不過,國外有些公司並不太愛回信,

學校行政機關也未必會回應。

當然您還是可以先寫信看能不能得到回應,

但是,若等了幾天仍得不到回應,

建議還是發傳真或是打國際電話,

免得等了超過一個月都還沒下文。