Why were there no black people on the Jetsons?

And what was on the ground?

Update:

and what was on the ground?

BTW the robot maid was NOT black.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

LOL

i dont know.

im guess the black people werent stupid enough to want to live in the air. so they stayed on the ground :D

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

The Jetsons Characters

• 5 years ago

Here's a single answer to all your questions: The Jetsons and Flintstones take place in the same world, and at the same time! In the late 22nd century, mankind ruins the planet. Ecological disasters destroy civilization, and we have to rebuild.

There are two schools of thought here. The 'Jetson' school of thought is technophilic. They build a new world in the sky, away from the earth & its pollution. They scavenge whatever they can from the ground before heading off to live on stilts. This is why their technology seems so anachronistic. They have robots with fully functional AIs, but still use obsolete mainframe computers.

The 'Flintstone' school of thought is technophobic. They believe that the technophilic sky-people will repeat the same mistakes as the first civilization, and decide to go their own way. Using their advanced genetic engineering skills, and ability to design organisms to their whims, they bring back dinosaurs to work as beasts of burden. They increase the intelligence of many other contemporary animals. For example, they make birds smart enough to paint pictures inside cameras. They engineer themselves with extraordinary strength. Fred Flintstone can propel a car with solid stone wheels... using nothing but his bare feet. Their progeny are even better engineered, with children like 'bam bam' exceeding the strength of fully grown adults.

So there you go. The Jetsons were in the sky, and the Flintstones were on the ground. Also, the Flintstones cloned Hitler who killed all the black people ;-)

• 1 decade ago

Okay, you know series like the Jetsons and the Flinstones were made a LONG time ago, when racism was more openly accepted and demonstrated by more people. Of course they didn't want to have black characters, hispanic characters, asian characters, etc. Plus, when the majority of the nation is caucasian, that majority wants to see tv shows, ads, etc. that represent people who look like them. The latter point is still like that today, but at least there are more diverse characters in more modern cartoon/regular shows. Speaking as a black/multiracial girl myself, I can understand your questioning of shows like the Jetsons, but hey, it's all in the context of the times it was made in.

And I don't really understand your second Q either (haven't seen the show in a very long time. Sorry!)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why were there no black people on the Jetsons?

And what was on the ground?

Source(s): black people jetsons: https://shortly.im/lHvDU
  • 6 years ago

Blindness.

The Jetsons were supposed to be a "typical family" of the future. At the time, in America (the target audience), that "computed" as WASP (i.e., White, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant) - even if the typical American WASN'T.

Like all shows of the time, it dealt with society's foibles and mis-beliefs...but it also did it to simplify matters. After all, it's just a cartoon; would YOU want to introduce issues that would make people ACTUALLY THINK? Oh, no...THAT would have lowered ratings - the make-or-break issue in TV!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Jetsons is a really old American cartoon. Maybe there was some racial issues with the creators of the cartoon.

Sry I don't uderstand the second part of the question.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, there was... the butler. Back in the 50's when the Jetsons was made, there was still a lot of segregation in the south, so the TV people wanted to stay on the safe side. As for the ground, there was nothing sometimes, and at other times, it was just like our ground! (Sidewalks, houses, and grass.) It's a tv show, it didn't have to be consistent.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

der was a bad virus that infected the fried chicken and watermelons in the future and it kilt dem all off. Dats why der aint no negroes in the Jetsons.

• 1 decade ago

I suspect they were trying to make the subtle point that they expected that in the future, after enough intermarriage, there would only be one (mixed) race of human beings.

That's because they never came out and spoke of having eliminated the black, asian, amerind or australoid races.

There was usually grass and trees on the ground IIRC.

23 NOV 08, 0523 hrs, GMT.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.