Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

Why do both my hands tremor?

For as long as I can remember (as young as elementary school) I've had a hand tremor in both of my hands. It is not a severe tremor, I can still do many normal things. However, If I hold both my hands out they will shake slightly and not stop. Now I am 15, and I'm wondering if having a mild hand tremor throughout your life is normal, and is there a way to get rid of it? Usually it doesn't bother me, but I'm just wondering if there's a possibility it will get worse.

• Minx
    Favorite Answer

It is possible that you aren't getting enough Magnesium on a daily basis ...... eat more foods rich in magnesium mate ...... magnesium is essential for healthy nerve and muscle functioning and works in tandem with calcium for heart, bone and teeth and neural health ....... eating more foods rich in magnesium will help to resolve any issues you may have with nervous tension, constipation, acid tummy, headaches and migraines and muscle twitching such as facial tics........ foods rich in magnesium are leafy and green vegies, wholegrain breads and cereals like brown rice, fresh salmon, sardines and tuna, organic nuts and seeds like almonds, brazil nuts and sunflower seeds...... organic with the nuts and seeds to avoid the nasty sulfites and other chemicals they use to "preserve" the commercial varieties ........ things that will rob you of your magnesium supplies are alcohol, diuretics, antacids ........ take a B complex supplement also to help you deal with the everyday stress we are all exposed to at some level ..... particularly if you are lactose intolerant or vegetarian ..... get one including all the B's ie ~ B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12 and folic acid etc... as they work best together ....... the B group of vitamins is essential for healthy neural, immune and digestive functioning and are water soluble so need to be taken on a daily basis ......;0)

take care of you

peace baby

Source(s): naturopath in training

1

Hey Riz,

Likely neurological...meaning involves your nervous system function...I too had something similar though in one hand from youth

I remember...which morphed into all kind of nerve degeneration..Currnetly I'm on meds to stabilize the shaking/tremor..but usuusally meds are not prescribed for a chronic (long-term therapy) problem until there is a significant change in intensity called an acute degenereation with symptoms which become noticaeable..may be different for different people...some people psychological symptoms go along with shaking...others fine motor coordination...use of fine muscles and fine bone coordination..deteriorates...etc. etc. some may develop seizures...

the bottom line unless...the tremor or shaking gets progressively worse and or you become a worry wart... and it affects your functioning in real ways , at school...like concentration...or on the job...like doing manual tasks...medical science/medicine is not going to consider it a significant problem...and it can very well remain a mild effect..well in the range of normal nerve strength...If you have normal mental and emotive functioning you are likely well in a normal range of nerve strength...but this has to be tested...I can't tell simply from your report alone...

Check it out...and get a second opinion and a third if ya want to convince yourself...hope ya fine...

Blessings and God's speed.

Source(s): Medical knowledge
  • Robert

I have the same condition and it is getting worse for me. I'm in my fifties and doctors tell me the name for it is "Idiotic Benign Tremors." They say the name breaks down this way:

Idiotic = the doctors don't know what causes it (doctors are idiots)

Benign = they don't hurt your health

Tremors = you shake

The problem I have is the shakes keep getting worse making it very difficult to do fine work. Even drinking from a glass can be messy as sometimes I shake so bad it spills. I hate eating in public. Maybe by the time you are my age the doctors will have it figured out.

Try cutting out all caffeine (including that in chocolate) for two weeks. If the tremors do not disappear, consider consulting a neurologist. Best of luck, ~Dr. B.~

weak nerves. use Gelsemium 30 three doses a day for one day a week. Use Hypericum 30 one dose a day a little longer than the tremor lasts. with best wishes.

use of medicine is advised in consultation with a doctor.