Does life really mean nothing? ?

This is my "theory" on life. We are born with nothing and when we die, we take nothing with us. People seem to spend their life time searching for the meaning of life. Seeking for a "something" between birth and death. When in actual fact, life is full of random events and curve balls. No one has control.... show more This is my "theory" on life.
We are born with nothing and when we die, we take nothing with us. People seem to spend their life time searching for the meaning of life. Seeking for a "something" between birth and death. When in actual fact, life is full of random events and curve balls. No one has control. Everyone has a choice, there is always a choice, but you can't control most of the things which happen.

Life just IS, there isn't any esoteric hidden depth, it doesn't all mean something.

Life means nothing but that doesn't mean there's no point or purpose. You can still have purpose, aims, goals, dreams and wishes. You can have a sense of direction.

People tend to over analyse because they need to find meaning. Most things are random and happenstance. If you are in the right place at the right time, you appear to have good luck and vice versa.

It seems that mankind is unable to cope with the thought that life has no meaning, unlike animals who seem to live in the moment and exist.

I don't think there is any logical understanding, reason, rational, explanation or "sense" to life. Life just IS and we should stop inventing "religion" and trying to give life meaning.
18 answers 18