Is spybot search & destroy safe?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • i♥u2
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. Spybot search & destroy is safe and it is one of the best FREE malware protection.

Spybot search and destroy is the best anti-spyware because of three important features that the other softwares do not have.

1) Immune feature - prevent spywares/adwares/trojans from coming back again.

Other anti-spywares program can remove the spywares but cannot prevent it from coming back again and again.

2) Registry monitor - advance feature TeaTimer module can monitor

and deny changes to registry by malwares ( both known & unknown ) .

3) Hosts file locking - advance feature that prevent web pages hijackers.

I like spybot because I found that it is a better strategy than other anti-malwares.

Instead of trying to keep the virus/trojan/spyware/adware signatures up-to-date ( impossible task because new one keep appearing )

Spybot try to stop UNKNOWN malwares from infecting your system by using tea timer to deny unauthorise changes to registry.

This help to prevent malwares from installing on your system behind your back. Therefore, it is better than other FREE anti-malware program that do not offer the same protection to windows registry.

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Antivirus That Works 100% - http://MoveAntiVirus.com/?frZQ
  • picou
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Is Spybot Safe

• 1 decade ago

I have been using Spybot S& D for years and as I have never had a problem I can say with some certainty that it is safe,and furthermore it does it's job well.Recommended.When you have doubts about an app.do what I do,do a search and ask for reviews,eg review spybot search and destroy.

Source(s): Long term experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jamal
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Sure it is .Spybot S&D 1.6 has improved a lot from the older versions

It gives updates regularly once a week

You can right click any software and scan it with Spybot

There are no false positives

On the con side it hogs CPU usage but does not matter if you use it as an on demand scanner, only don't use the "Tea Timer" applet.

• Diana
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axE1o

Spybot S&D is a safe program, and one of the best at what it does, but there's no guarantee you've gotten the real one unless you downloaded it from its website. I suggest you also download Ad-Aware 2008, also free. It tends to complement Spybot S&D, catching some things it misses and vice-versa. Note that Ad-Aware is on a different website. Hope that helps.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is spybot search & destroy safe?

Source(s): spybot search destroy safe: https://biturl.im/49Ujw
  • 1 decade ago

Well its a good anti spyware i have to agree with the guys above... ive tried that and it works very good........

Hope I can be of Assistance!

Take Care and God Bless

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm not sure, I tried it and we have a computer guy who makes house calls once in a while and he said we did not need the spy bot program.

• 1 decade ago

yes it and superantispyware are the 2 best free antispyware out there also don't forget about adaware

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.