SeA DoG asked in 社會及文化語言 · 1 decade ago

contract administration

Yesterday, you went to the Wanchai Market. You took a bundle of vegetable from one of the stalls while the owner of the stall (a lady) was reading newspaper. You gave some money to her but she refused to receive the money and ordered you to return the bundle of vegetable to her and go away. Apart from telling you to go away, the lady did not say anything.

Was there a contract formed between you and the lady? Why? What constitutes formation of a contract? What if the lady put up some bundles of vegetable and shouted "$10.00per kilogram", will there be any difference?

唔識解又唔識做~~

呀sir話一定有分別....

再幫手唸唸呀..thx~

Rating
  • As
    Favorite Answer

Hi,

Was there a contract formed between you and the lady?

No, there wasn't any.

Why?

Why would I need to contract with her? She is a hawker and I am just her customer.

What constitutes formation of a contract?

That lady and I would have to sign something at a law firm, I suppose.

What if the lady put up some bundles of vegetable and shouted "$10.00per kilogram", will there be any difference?

That would be different.

If she had shouted at me, I could've shouted at her back and said to her I did not want to buy things from impolite hawkers like her.

I do not think she should've done that. Selling vegetables is her job

and she is not supposed to shout at her customers like that.

When she behaves like that , she only ruins her own business.

She must be insane to rent a stall , read there and wait for a customer to come and shout at him. Maybe she is the only one who eats the veggies. ^_______________________^

886

No, there is no contract formed. You made an offer, and she refused.

Even if she shouted out the price, she was only soliciting a bid, there is no

contract formed either.

...