How do you deal with this type of person?

A co-worker of mine is extremely fakey, you know with the fakey high-pitched voice and the over enthusiastic personality. I know she's not being genuine because I've seen her "real" side many times. If I don't respond to her in the same over the top hyped up manner, she drills me about by asking me "what's wrong"... show more A co-worker of mine is extremely fakey, you know with the fakey high-pitched voice and the over enthusiastic personality. I know she's not being genuine because I've seen her "real" side many times. If I don't respond to her in the same over the top hyped up manner, she drills me about by asking me "what's wrong" and "you don't seem very happy". I'm a very upbeat and positive person, but I can't be like her.

She told me once that it's important that everyone likes her, but it's getting harder and harder to work with her.