Name of a book, main character is girl named Ellen?

Ok well last year I read this book in school and know I wanna know the name of it but I can't remember! It was about this girl named Ellen who is extremely smart and is being pressured into going to Harvard, even though she wants to explore other options. Ellen isn't that popular but her parents are from Korea so... show more Ok well last year I read this book in school and know I wanna know the name of it but I can't remember! It was about this girl named Ellen who is extremely smart and is being pressured into going to Harvard, even though she wants to explore other options. Ellen isn't that popular but her parents are from Korea so everyone calls her a chink. This guy named Tommy asked her out and they basically fall in love. She also has this best friend named Jessie. They go to this party and Ellen gets hurt but Tommy saves her. Anyway Tommy leaves for the army, and Ellen goes to Harvard when she gets accepted and it ends kind of sadly because they are all separated but also ends good cause they all love each other. Anyway the book has a purple cover, and I'm dying to know the name. I also remember this beautiful poem Jessie wrote at the end that was something like this:
We've been friends through the years
Seen the laughter, seen the tears
But there will never be a friend more true and true
For me it will always be you
So anyway anyone no the name or even the author would be helpful! Thanks!
1 answer 1