Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

why do people hate that paper clip(clippy) that used to come out at microsoft?

I just wanted to know because it looks like everyone is annoyded with clippy. I never actually saw clippy in my computer so just wanted to know. lol

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

he was awesome, so was einstein

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Annoying Paperclip

• 1 decade ago

He is an annoying little creature who never was much help to me. I finally fired him, and I'm sure many other people did the same. Frankly, the business world has no room for a cute little cartoon character. A simple help window is fine. Another one is that lame little puppy that shows up when you want to search folders.

• 1 decade ago

I think it stems from the situation where you need help for something and Microsoft tried to make answering cute. When you go to the doctor because you are sick, you don't appreciate cute. When you take your car to a mechanic, you are not going to like cute. When you have problem with your computer, you sure as hell don't want cute.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I didnt HATE it but it did get annoying. It popped up every couple minutes and I didnt like it so I removed mine...but the dog was pretty cool didnt look as annoying as the paper clip!

• 1 decade ago

I didn't really hate it, but it was totally useless. Standard help was way better. Since then google has gotten so good that i never use in-program help anymore.

I liked the animation it made when you printed.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i didnt hate it completly lol its just that it got pretty anoying after a couple of weeks and it really didnt help me so i deleted it but it was cute!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.