Totally serious question: Have you ever been attracted to or had a crush on your cousin?

It just seems like a lot of people end up involved with their cousins. I'm just curious to see how common it is. I know people who married and they are first cousins.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

LOTS of people feel attracted to their cousins, it's perfectly normal. Unfortunately, some misguided people in the USA got it into their heads that outlawing cousin marriage would keep immigrants from settling in their state, and that their children would all have deformities. About half the states in the country did not though.

Recent studies have shown that the chance of genetic abnormalities in children of cousins is only a few % higher than everybody else - there is a worse chance that there will be problems if the woman waits until her thirties to have kids.

Most of the world actually encourages cousins to get together. Cousins have more in common, similar interests, make the family happy, and are more likely to stay together and not get divorced.

Many famous people married their cousins;

John Adams, Voltaire, Johann Sebastian Bach, Josiah Bartlett, second signer of the United States Declaration of Independence

Wernher von Braun, Charles Bulfinch,

John C. Calhoun, seventh Vice President of the United States

Jeanne Calment, the oldest person whose age was verified by official documents

Charles Carroll of Carrollton, the only Roman Catholic signer of the United States Declaration of Independence

Charles Darwin and his first cousin, Emma Wedgwood. In addition, their grandparents, Sarah Wedgewood and Josiah Wedgwood, were also cousins

Porfirio Diaz Mori, president of Mexico

Alfred I. du Pont, great-grandson of DuPont founder and his cousin-by-marriage, Bessie Gardner, as well as his second cousin, Alicia Bradford Maddox

Albert Einstein

William Ellery, signer of the Declaration of Independence

William Crowninshield Endicott, former US Secretary of War

Vivian Fuchs, British explorer

Carlo Gambino, a mob boss, and his first cousin, Catherine Castellano

Charlotte Perkins Gilman, American author

Rudy Giuliani, former mayor of New York, and presidential candidate

Edvard Grieg, famous Norwegian composer

Abdullah Gül, President of Turkey

Benjamin Harrison V, American revolutionary leader

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr., the poet,

Stephen Hopkins, signer of the Declaration of Independence

Jesse James and his first cousin, Zerelda "Zee" Mimms

Thomas Jefferson

Nobusuke Kishi, former Japanese statesman

Jerry Lee Lewis, rock and roll musician, and his first cousin Myra Gale Brown

Abbott Lawrence Lowell, a former president of Harvard University

John A. Macdonald, first prime minister of Canada

Thomas Malthus

Francis Marion, American revolutionary leader also called the "Swamp Fox,"

Abraham Maslow, father of humanistic psychology

Samuel Eliot Morison, historian, and his first cousin Agnes Priscilla Randolph Barton

Samuel F. B. Morse, inventor of the Morse code

Edgar Allan Poe and his cousin, Virginia Clemm

Boleslaw Prus, Polish novelist

Sergei Rachmaninoff, composer, and his cousin, Natalia Satina

Franklin D. Roosevelt, former US president, and his cousin, Anna Eleanor Roosevelt

Eisaku Sato, former prime minister of Japan, and his cousin, Hiroko Sato

Henryk Sienkiewicz, Polish novelist, and his niece, Maria Babska.

Igor Stravinsky, composer, and his cousin, Katerina Nossenko

Toyotomi Hideyori, a 16th-century Japanese strategist, and his first cousin, Senhime.

Martin Van Buren, former president of the US. Gideon Welles and his first cousin, Mary Jane Hale

H. G. Wells, author, and his first cousin, Isabel Mary Wells

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well we were young but my cousin was the first girl i did things with it started when we were really young and we learned how girls and boys worked together but we never went as far as having sex together..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What hick town do you live in that its common?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

umm. no but i knew a chick who hooked up with hers... ewww.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.