Installing WoW on my 16gb flash drive ERROR!?

When i try to install it with CD's or through Blizzards website, 11% in i came across this message:

"An error was detected while verifying the contents of the file "E:\World of Warcraft\Data\common-2.MPQ". There may be a problem with your system, or with the drive at E:\. You can attempt to install again. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support."

Dragging and Dropping files does not work either...

Please note I've successfully installed the Trial Client and plugged my Flash Drive into a computer WITHOUT WoW installed and played it successfully, but when i try to do the FULL WoW client, it fails with that error message.

I bought this Flash Drive off eBay and it's supposed to have Samsung Memory.

Here are the Flash Drive Specs:

"High-Speed USB 2.0"

Hardware: IBM PC, compatible PC, Notebook or macintosh with USB interface.

Drivers: Only Windows 98 SE needs the USB Flash Disk driver. No external power supply

Power supper: USB power supply (4.5V to 5.5V)

Capacity: 16GB

USB Host Interface: Universal Serial Bus 1.0/1.1/2.0

Operating Current: <50mA

Suspend current: <20mA

Data retention: 10 years

Reading Speed: 950KB/S

Writing Speed: 650KB/S

Am I doing something wrong? Ive tried reformating the drive before I install but would Defragmenting the Drive before i install do anything? Please let me know ASAP if i have to return it or not

Update:

to 1st answer: because you can take the flash drive anywhere and plug it up to any computer (your friends, school, work etc.) that doesn't have WoW installed... or to have it on your flash drive to move it over to another computer or back up your files

anyways thats besides the point, someone please help me out!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Why are you installing WoW on a thumb drive? They tend to have a much slower read/write speed than your regular hard drive.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.