Do you think there will be a rally tomorrow in the stock market?

I know its kinda hard to predict, but it dropped so hard recently don't you think there might be a rally soon?

Favorite Answer

I do for several reasons:

1. People (or informed programmed trading) were buying in at the close, even in the face of multi-year lows. Some of the reasons follow below...

2. The RSI is scraping bottom. This is a buy indicator.

3. The long term chart is showing the price at bottom trend line in a long term pattern

4. The last two day's purchasing was separated by a "gap" down. Many believe the market has a tendency to want to "fill a vacuum" - therefore, bounce back up to "close that gap".

5. Volume this afternoon, and therefore for the full day, was much higher. This may be a capitulation, it may not.

None of the above by themselves indicate a bounce. All of them together do.

I think we'll see an incremental move down at the open, for a percent or two, depending on where the opening bands are located, then we'll see a run up. We may see another selloff at the close as well, there is no way to know.

Possibly, but remember that tomorrow is option expiration, and things alway get kinda strange then. Any other day, I would say probably yes, but on expiration Friday anything goes.

Yes.

The Dow futures are already up 170 pts at midnight eastern time.

The index is way oversold and overdue for a bounce.

I think so. The futures are up quite a bit right now. But anything can happen between now and the close tomorrow.