induction tomorrow :-)?

Well i go into the hospital tomorrow evening to start my induction. I cant help but feeling anxious. I thought i would be nervous about the birth but thats the last thing on my mind right now. Im more scared about my little one latching on and taking her home. Why am i not worried about the birth?? Is this normal and will it be different when im actually there tomorrow being induced. Please mommas i need some advice

Favorite Answer

I didn't freak much about the labor.

I was like you and thinking about the drive home.

OMG I was going to be a mommy?!

Everything will be fine. The birth. The baby latching on (there are well trained people there to help you...just be calm and take your time)

And once you get that little bundle of joy home, you will forget how it was before.

Good luck and congrats!

Firstly you are absolutely normal. It isn't something we do everyday. Don't listen to any one's horror story. First or forth baby it is always abit scary. (i've got 4)Your life is about to change forever in a big way. Of course you should be worried. But don't worry, it's amazing how naturally everything comes to you. Just take your time when you get home, enjoy your beautiful new baby & if your in your pj's all day for the first few weeks well so what. You will all settle down into a routine, & get on with life. As for breastfeeding your midwives will help you & your baby out. Bubs do it naturally. My advice would be only use the advice you like. Just because it worked for 'joe blows' bub doesn't mean it will work for yours.

Best of luck for your big day, all the way from Australia.

Source(s): mum of 4

You are more anxious then nervous right now, that's probably why. I was induced as well and the night before i think i must have only slept about 3 hours, i kept waking up in excitement.

Just enjoy these last few hours of pregnancy, and relax. You're beautiful baby will be here tomorrow.

Congrats!

I wasn't worried neither. I was just so excited to see my son, that I didn't think about how it was going to be giving birth. I think it's the way it should be, otherwise we would freak out which can't be good before birth. For me it was not different when I got to the hospita, I just became more and more excited. I had such a wonderful experience being induced. I had my son on 8/8/08. I want to do it again!

You have a lot on your mind right now, very normal. As far as the latching on, don't expect your baby or yourself to be able to do this perfectly the first time. It does take some practice, but you should have access to a lactation consultant to assist you in this transition. Ask your nurses about any concerns you have about taking baby home, before you leave the hospital.

Congrats

OB/GYN RN & mom

i was induced too. it was very simple & actually easy. no worries. it just takes a long time for the whole process, but it does not cause extra pain or make contractions worse like people say. the petocin, inducer, does not make you sick & it does the job well. it is harmless to yo u& your baby. i think that bringing the baby home is going to be so great for you. its normal to be worried & wonder what to do once you are home. =D everything will be great. congrats! and EAT a lot before you go in tomorrow because once you check in all they give you are ice chips. ugh!

I was induced due to my pregnancy going too far past the due date. I was never nervous about the labor- even during the labor. Only when there were complications did I start to sweat it.

Ok, I'll admit, when they casually lead me into my Labor and Delivery suite and told me they were going to start my IV I got butterflies! :D Other than that, I just figured that our bodies are built to give birth successfully, and that modern medicine can pick up any slack.

Don't worry about not worrying. :) Try to relax and revel in the primal experience of childbirth. It's painful and messy and crazy- and it's what binds all humans to one another.

Congrats, Mommy.

I felt the same way I was so scared but when the time came I became more anxious and just went in there like lets get this baby out!

• Yeah, it will.

Right now, it's not physically happening, but I almost guarantee that when you are at the hospital, getting ready for your induction you'll start becoming a little more anxious about the impending labor.

Good luck tomorrow. =]

My induction grew to become into familiar. I went in, they connected the pitocin drip. I had hassle-free contractions that have been plenty like confusing menstral cramps till they got here in and broke my water. that they had exterior coronary heart video reveal gadgets on the tummy, that is very stressful b/c they make a terrible noise each time you progression and the toddler is shifting so it is a splash frightening while they do no longer p.c.. up a heartbeat. After breaking your water, they're going to probable positioned a electrode reveal screen on the toddler's scalp so they could reveal screen it greater heavily. My contractions got here very confusing and very speedy and very painful after the water breaking for 14 hours. and then it resulted in a emergency c-section. i'm no longer against induction b/c it saved my toddlers life. She grew to become into grew to become incorrect and her coronary heart fee grew to become into erratic and if that they had no longer led to that day i'm going to have misplaced her. i grew to become into greater of a uncommon case, so perchance i'm no longer the single to ask. do exactly no longer anticipate a walk interior the park.