Absolutely nothing happens when i press "Prt Scr"!!!!?

Ok im trying to save a pic from a video on youtube to my desktop. And everyone keeps saying press prnt screen but when i press it absolutely nothing happens!!! help pleez

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

when you press the print screen button, a snapshot of the screen is copied to your clipboard. You need to then open a program that can take the picture (paintbrush, word, powerpoint, photoshop etc.) and paste the snapshot into that, then you can save it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When you are ready to take a "snap shot" of your computer screen.Do the following:

<press> Print Screen

<press> "WindowsKey"+R

<type> mspaint

<press> Enter

<press> Ctrl+V

Now you should be able to modify the picture in Microsoft Paint. To save <press> Ctrl+S

*The "WindowsKey" is at the bottom of the keyboard near Alt and Ctrl.

This is just one of a million ways to do it

Good Luck!

Source(s): me
    • Jean2 years agoReport

I agree with the comment above. This is really the best answer. Thank you for the instructions.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Print screen captured your screen's image at the moment you press it. Because it has been pasted, you need to paste it to 'paint' program, for example. Save that paint doc and then go back and save it as your desktop's image.

• DrDave
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Thats simply because nothing happens except the file is saved in the clipboard. You need to open an image editing program, paint or whatever you have and paste it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ;+>'
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

after you press prt scr, you need to then paste the image into a photo editor or some place such as word that you can paste an image.

;+>'

• 1 decade ago

print screen will take the image from your desktop and store it. You need to open up any photo editing program and paste it.

e.g. hit print screen and open paint then hit ctrl+v to paste.

• 1 decade ago

open paint and click paste

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.