An itch to play the piano? (piano player only)?

You ever need to play the piano when you've not played it for say 2 weeks or more?

Like when you are on a long vacation or studying for the finals in college ...

I'm just curious and want to know the answer from piano players

or you guys just play it everyday no matter what is going on with your life lol.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I don't think I can survive without playing piano or violin for a day. Most of the time while I am waiting or just got my hands free, I would always find myself practicing fingerings on table, my legs, a handle bar... I've watched this movie called The pianist, a wonderful movie to my taste, the true story of Wladyslaw Szpilman, can you imagine him as a pianist in order to survive the war had to be without piano for years? actually he had to sell his piano for the family living. I believe what keep us here is the passion of music, as long as you have it with you, you will always have music at your side.

• 1 decade ago

I have a hard time even walking past the piano without playing it. If I go on vacation I have to have a piano to play while I'm there.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My first apartment was too small and not in a very good neighborhood, so I made the tough decision to leave my piano at my parents house while I was living there. Every week or so, I'd just really have to go play for an hour. The little keyboard in my apartment just simply couldn't do it for me. My parents loved it, because the piano always gave me an excuse to go and visit them!

• Yeah, me too.

I went on vacation for a week and I had the best time of my life but when I got to the hotel room I started thinking about all the music I had been playing and I wanted to go home. lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i get that feeling all the time! i also dance and i play the drums. so when i get in a mood or i just haven't played in a while ill go puts around with some chords. the main reason being my piano teacher retired about 3 years ago and i haven't been able to find a new one so i try to teach myself and sometimes i just get weird cravings to create a new song! same goes for my dancing and drumming! but honestly its more piano!

• 5 years ago

Well for me whatever and whenever i will always play my piano. Not Playing our instrument for 2-3 days can make our skill drop after all

• 1 decade ago

yeah, well music can really change your mood, plus i practicing singing when i play so thats like two in one lol.

Music is amazing and with the piano you can play ten notes at the same time!(altho it won't sound good if your hands can't stretch that far lol)

• 1 decade ago

Hehe I have an itch to play even if I leave my house for a couple of hours to go to work xD.

• 1 decade ago

i get itchy after like a day.. e.g.. last year i spent a weekend in maryland for a chorus competition.. and by sunday afternoon when i came home, i was playing for hours...

however as simple litstning in bioloogy class... my fingers start going and i not-so-literally die to play

fellow piano enthusiast,

berard

• 1 decade ago

If I don't play for a while I start absent mindedly playing on my desk or legs or book etc. I keep at it until someone asks WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.