Books: Primary Accounts of People who Survived Nazi Concentration Camps?

I would like names of books of primary (first person) accounts of people who survived Nazi Concentration camps, and their experiences in those camps.

Thanks!

Thanks for the answers so far, there seems to be some good book suggestions, as well as the Spielberg's collection ; however, i must add that Anne Frank did not survive the Holocaust.

Favorite Answer

well there is the diary of Ann Frank. But there is another book called the Cage

I personally read The Cage, By Ruth Minsky Sender. It tells of her journey through the holocaust, before the Holocaust, Ruth lived with her 3 brothers and 3 sisters, and her mother (her father died before the Holocaust). She lived in Lodz, Poland. this became a Ghetto. She lived there until moved to many different concentration camps including Auschwitz. Once her mother is taken she is in charge of her 3 brothers. (her three sisters were in Russia at the time.) Ruth is Put through twists and turns by the Nazis, a heart wrenching experience. I have personally met her and she told me her story, it was even more powerful to hear it from her than when I read it. She still lives today, well into her 90's.

I highly recommend this book

Here are a few books about people who survived the Holocaust:

The Other Victims: First Person Stories of Non-Jews Persecuted by the Nazis by Ina R. Friedman

Facing the Lion-Memoirs of a Yong Girl in Nazi Europe by Simone Arnold Liebster

Jew Be or Not Jew Be: The Story of a Perpetual Alien by Peter J. Oszmann

I Have Lived a Thousand Years: Growing up in the

Holocaust by Livia Bitton-Jackson

A Wolf in the Attic by Sophia Richman

(Her parents are Holocaust survivors and she hid as a child during the Holocaust.)

My Mother's Eyes by Anna Ornstein and Stewart Goldman

Survivors: True Stories of Children in thg Holocaust by Allan Zullo and Mara Bovsun

Marika by Andrea Cheng

I visited Krakow, Poland for 4 months the summer of 2007 and met a Jewish man there who was born the same year as my father in 1929 in Poland...though my father is Catholic. Bernard Offen spends 6 months in Hawaii and 6 months in Krakow, his birthplace, to educate about the WWII years in Poland. I met Bernard during the annual Jewish festival, and he showed some films of his experience as a child during the Nazi occupation. (My father only talked about the war with his sister so I lived in a home where there was a lot of silence about those trying years.) Bernard and some of his brothers survived but his parents and sister did not. I didn't think I'd hear from Bernard after that summer because I didn't have plans of returning to Krakow, but was surprised to hear from him the day Pope Benedict arrived in America. He sent me an email about his new book called...Krakow: My Hometown Concentration Camp. Bernard was in a number of camps including Auschwitz. I don't buy books so haven't seen this book, but I did put a recommendation in to my local library.

Night by Elie Wiesel

I Have Lived A Thousand Years

Diary of Anne Frank (of course)

If you are looking for video, Steven Spielberg put together a ton of videos from holocaust survivors.

http://www.ushmm.org/research/collections/filmvide...

for loads of info on this topic you should watch the movie schindlers list.....it shows how jews lived in concentration camps and how they were treated