Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

I eat 407 calories a day, how long will it take for me to get to my goal weight?

Im 5 ft 6 and 120 lbs and i want to get down to at least 112 lbs. I don't really do much exercise, i just go to school, hang out with friends and do what a normal teen does. Everyday i eat a packet of crip (131 kcal), a chocolate bar (185 kcal), a apple juice carton (91 kcal) and i have water (0 kcal). How long will it take for me to lose 8 lbs?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Eat things with less fat first of all. I have an eating disorder, and I know what you are going through. Choose fruits and veggies to eat. Yes the candy bar is ok, they give you the extra energy you need when you aren't eating. but the chips....no. Hot tea is really good, hot things fill you up fast.

And take vitamins!! that is important when you are restricting, but you have to take them when you eat because they make you feel sick if you take them on an empty stomach.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you're serious, that just may be the worst diet I've ever seen. A few weeks of that and your hair will start falling out and your teeth will loosen. It doesn't even come close to meeting the minimum requirements of any single nutrient or vitamin your body needs.

What's the big deal about 8 pounds?

Eat normally. When you reduce your intake to such an unhealthy and abnormal low, your body responds by decreasing your metabolism dramatically. This makes it HARDER to lose weight. Your body senses it is starving (which it is) and tries to reduce all calorie expenditures.

Eat a normal breakfast (whole grain cereal with some fruit and nuts), a smaller lunch, and a very small dinner ... each meal should have whole grains, protein, fruits and veggies. Walk for at least an hour a day, fast walking. You'll lose the 8 pounds in a healthy way.

• 1 decade ago

407 is a ridiculously small amount of calories to be consuming per day. You also aren't getting alot of nutrition from the food you are eating - nothing but processed foods. You should be eating a wide range of foods, vitamins and minerals from a whole range of sources Not just crisps, chocolate and apple juice. You will loose weight very quickly and will probably feel ill with it as well as gaining more weight than you lost back when you start to eat your normal diet again.

• 1 decade ago

You really DO need to eat more. Everyone else is right. I am 28 years old and I'm recovering from an eating disorder. I am 5'4" tall, and I had gotten down to 92 pounds. I was killing myself! What turned me around? I met the man who would become my husband. I fell in love, we are married now, and I want to have a family with him. At that weight, I had not had a period in like 4 years- youcan't get pregnant without having a period, and I was just hoping that I had not caused myself any permanent damage (it can happen).

Please, eat more. Don't do this to yourself. I know the kind of suffering that an ED brings, but it's not worth all that. Be healthy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You need more calories and you need to eat healthier things than what you're eating!

Eat fruit, veggies, lean meat, etc. Juice isn't good to lose weight either, it's got so much sugar in it! Same with your chocolate bar. I don't know what a packet of crip is.

Take a walk around town every day, eat what I said, and take sugar out of your diet. Good luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm sorry to be a wet blanket, but you are eating way too few calories. 407 calories a day is far too little for your body to function.

For a 25 year old woman of 5'6 at 120 lbs....1600 calories is a healthy daily intake to maintain your weight. 1250 is what you should shoot for for weight loss. 950 is the minimum you should consume for extreme rapid weight loss. Your body cannot function effectively on 400 calories a day.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you are the perfect weight for your height. do not starve yourself. you may be developing an eating disorder. 407 calories a day will have you end up in the hospital.

• 1 decade ago

Keep doing what your doing and it wont be long before you end up in a wooden box.Grow up and start eating sensibly or you will have big troubles coming your way.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that is waaaaay too low..... i know wat ur thinking ...shes not gonna tell me wat i want.....but the way your eating, u will most likely add 8lbs

firstly eating 400 calories a day will eventually slow your metabolism down to a point that the body thinks its starving...so wat does it do...it puts out the fire (metabolism) and so none of the fuel (fat and carbs) will burn....

secondly...your not even eating healthy foods.... so thats even worse bcoz wat ur eating is really high in sugar (carb) and fat...and like i said they dont burn away, bcoz ur metabolism is dead....hence u get bigger the longer it stays in your stomach.....and i imagine u dont do the number twos very regularly, so they stay in there for a while.... and besides if u ate fruit and veg instead, u could eat more e.g. u could eat 20 tomatoes in a day (22 cal. each)...and u'll be getting heaps of fibre so u go more often....and besides fruit and veg are very low in fat....

but still.... i think wat ur doing is very irresponsible....

Source(s): exercise physiologist
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.