How do I receive my free Netflix trial account via xbox live?

I have a gold membership for Xbox Live, I don't have a netlix account. The Xbox screen gave me a code and told me to go to www.netflix.com/activate . I went there and it had a sign in option. I Typed in the same email / password that I entered on the Xbox previously, and it gave me three free trial offer... show more I have a gold membership for Xbox Live, I don't have a netlix account.

The Xbox screen gave me a code and told me to go to www.netflix.com/activate . I went there and it had a sign in option. I Typed in the same email / password that I entered on the Xbox previously, and it gave me three free trial offer choices, which would be free for two weeks, and then would begin billing my credit card. I don't have a credit card so I wasn't sure what I should do.
I found out that the Xbox Live deal wasn't any of these, but instead was for just 48 hours, and seeing as with the credit card way, it didn't even ask for the code, I'm sure I was doing something wrong.

I went back to the Netflix homepage, and found a small place at the top to enter codes, but it wasn't specific to Xbox Live. I entered the code on screen and it said it was invalid. I then had my Xbox generate me a new code, typed it in correctly and same affect. I did this 4 times, and everytime invalid.

How do I get my 48 hours free Netflix account?
0