TrUe Or NoT-TaRgEt PrIcEs DrOpPiNg FoR HoLiDaYs?

A friend said that she read this in the newspaper. I didn't get a chance to. It was our local paper. She read that Target is going to lower there prices during the holiday season to help consumers because of our economic hard times right now. She thinks she remembers reading that on some items-Target is going to drop them as much as 24%.

Has anyone else heard about this or read about this? If so, where can I find more information about this. Like when are the price cuts going to start, etc...

Thanks everyone.

If this information is true and no one else had heard about it then I hope this information helps some of you through the holidays. I know it will us if its true.

Favorite Answer

By Julia Scott on November 19, 2008 7:00 AM | Permalink | Comments (3) | ShareThis

Target is going to cut toy prices during the holidays to compete with Wal-Mart, according to a story in yesterday's Daily News. The cuts are prompted by a 24 percent drop in third-quarter earnings.

"Target has fared worse than its chief rival, Wal-Mart Stores Inc., as consumers cut back on discretionary spending and shop mainly for necessities," the story says. "More than 40 percent of Target's revenue comes from nonessentials such as fashions and housewares."

The story continues "During the holidays, Target will remain "keenly focused" on offering low prices on national brands and its own products and will match Wal-Mart prices on identical items in local markets, said Kathryn Tesija, Target's executive vice president of merchandise."

I'm guessing Target will make these price drops crystal clear to shoppers, so stay tuned!

I did read this somewhere, but I can't remember where in order to give a reference.

So, Yes, I believe it's true. Nice, isn't it?

My friend at work told me the same thing yesterday... 2 days after I finished my all shopping :P

I think it's true.

yes, it's true, in fact, a lot of stores are doing this....stores like circuit city, kohl's, and wal mart.

never heard of it but they will probably have a winter sale. hope i helped. bye!

this is true :D i heard it on the radio today

i dont know....

but please..

DoNt TyPe LiKe ThIs... its annoying.