Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelFranceParis · 1 decade ago

I'm really pissed off. Can anyone help me with Paris RER maps?

I need to take the RER from the Airport Charles de Gaulles, to the Rue Saint-Antoinne, but all of the maps online show me the stop which each line stops at. How do I find out which stop is nearest to that road??? Like, I couldn't find a single map online which would allow me to see where my road is in comparison to the stops.

So all I know is that I need to take the RER and go somewhere.

Basically: How can I find out which line to take, and which stop to get off at which is next to the Rue Saint Antoine?

• xalynn
    Favorite Answer

From CDG Airport, take RER B to Chatelet Les Halles. There, change to metro line 1, direction Chateau de Vincennes.

Rue Saint Antoine has two metro stations on the two ends of the street. One is St Paul, and one is Bastille. Depending on where you are on the street, one stop would be closer than the other. Enter the address with building number on Google Maps to identify which part of the street you'll be, and hence which will be the closer metro stop.

Both stops are on the same metro line so it's just a matter of deciding where to get off.

• Rose T

If you go to mappy.com, google maps, or mapquest, you should be able to put in the exact address to which you are going. Zoom in to find the closest metro station.

Here's what I did on mappy...

In the Itinerary section:

For departure, in the box under Street and no, tube, district

type Aeroport Charles de Gaulle

Click the link for other continents and choose Europe, then choose France-Dom

For arrival, in the box under Street and no, tube, district

type the exact address to which you are going

Click the radio button next to Pedestrian and click go

When you get the results, scroll past the directions and look at the map. You can enlarge the map, and pan left/right/up/down to find the station.

Without knowing the address that you're looking for, I can't tell for sure, but it looks like you might want to go to either Bastille or St. Paul

You might be able to get the same info from the public transit site...www.ratp.fr. The pages are available in English by clicking the British flag at the top right side of the screen.

P.S. You would probably take the RER B (there's only one at the airport) to Chatelet-Les Halles, then transfer to line 1, direction Chateau de Vincennes and get off at either St. Paul or Bastille. Check the map on www.ratp.fr to be absolutely certain.

RER B will take you from CDG to Chatelet Les Halles, where you have to switch to Metro 1 that will take you to St-Paul (that's on one end of the rue saint antoine)

Source(s): sncf.com google maps

I don't know what stops/lines you need. But, if you can't find the information online then wait until you get to Paris. There are maps on the walls in every underground station and the airport probably has actual pocket maps for free.

BTW, most stops (if I remember correctly) are named for the street they are on. If Rue Saint Antione is a small street without it's own underground station then locate the closest major street to it and just try to get there. You might have to walk a few blocks.

Of course, the easiest and safest way to get from the airport to where Rue S.A. is to take a taxi if you can afford it.

Unlike what the other used said, i advise you not to take a taxi. too much money!