Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Still in love with Twilight but looking for other similar books?

I adored the twilight series, but im looking for books that are similar. Im not talking about the vampire part, something more related to the relationship between bella and Edward. Ive read some nicholas sparks, but i cant seem to get twilight out of my head. Any recommendations!?

Favorite Answer

Here are my all-time favorite books: The Wish List, by Eoin Colfer, Storm Thief, by Chris Wooding, The Oran Trilogy, by Midori Snyder, Legacy, by Cayla Kluver, The Thief, The Queen of Attolia, and The King of Attolia, all by Megan Whalen Turner, and Graceling, by Kristin Cashore. Out of this list, the one that best fits what you're looking for is Graceling. Seriously, give it a try. I was blown away.

Source(s): My self-proclaimed fantasy expertise!

Recommendations based on Twilight:

Marked: A House of Night Novel - PC Cast, Kristin Cast

The Book of Shadows - Cate Tiernan

Wicked Lovely - Melissa Marr

Blood and Chocolate - Annette Curtis Klause

The Vampire Diaries: The Fury and Dark Reunion - L. J. Smith

Blue Is for Nightmares - Laurie Faria Stolarz

A Certain Slant of Light - Laura Whitcomb

Alt Ed - Catherine Atkins

Hawksong - Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Daughters of the Moon: Goddess of the Night - Book #1 - Lynne Ewing, Alessandra Balzer

http://www.whatshouldireadnext.com/search

This website will make perfect suggestions based on what you have

I love Meg Cabot (Heather Wells & Queen of Babble, and tons of others), Sophie Kinsella's (Shopaholic [soon to be movie] & Remember Me), Jennifer Weiner (Good in Bed & Certain Girls) and Emily Giffin (Something Borrowed & Something Blue) books.They are all great authors!

For a young adult/teen Meg Cabot's young adult books. She is the best author. Also best selling. She wrote tons of books including the Princess Diaries (Movies based on her books), Mediator (upcoming movie), 1-800-Missing (TV show based on her books), Jinx, Airhead and more. She has adult books too, so you can grow with her.

If you want more info or any of the authors website's email me.

This website will make perfect suggestions based on what you have read.

A few suggestions from a fellow Twilight fan:

The Host by Stephenie Meyer (author of Twilight, good love triangle)

A Great and Terrible Beauty and sequels by Libba Bray (not really a love story, but it is a great series and does have some of that)

Tithe and sequels by Holly Black (I especially like the second book Valiant)

Gail Carson Levine writes good fantasy love stories like Ella Enchanted and Ever. They are written for a younger audience, but I still like them.

Stardust - Neil Gaimen

Vampire Academy series

and House of Night series.

They are both nice series, very mature, and they got Twilight out of MY head!

A Certain Slant of Light is good. =]

It's a really good novel..

And this is gonna sound childish, but;

The Frog Princess series is good too lol =]

They're so cute!!

Eragon!