1. Check first your source (power is Ok, the limiter is set for a safe amount of current, i.e. 3 amps, your connection is made + to Blue (24v), White to 0, check also your output is Ok (12v, 24v, etc)
2. Check your equipment is not shorted down (open switch, meter between mains and ground should read Open. If it reads any resistance is shorted and your PS will suffer).
3. Check for open fuses (right after the mains, there should be a fuse, maybe 2A, 3A, etc). Put your meter across and read resistance through the fuse.
4. Only after this you can connect the PS to the circuit.
5. After this point follow the current through the equipment circuit. Put one lead (the black lead) to common or ground, and move your read lead across the system to see where the voltage ceases to flow...Bingo!
Post what kind of apparatus you are checking, so we can help you better.
· 1 decade ago